Central WA state, Dr. Peacock won't see FM patients...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TLI, Oct 3, 2006.

1. TLI

TLI New Member

Just called his office, after learning he sees FM patients, on this site. He won't see FM patients, according to his reception desk. He refers all FM patients to Portland, OR. That is just too far to drive. Hope shattered for Dr. close by. I hate this... tears again.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

on the top of this page , click on Doctors. Then find the good doctor list from co-cure. That may give you a lead. Most of the best drs. for these DD's are on the west side or around Spokane. There are a few in Central WA. , but that is a big area.

Blessings , b/c
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Derek Peacock in the Tri Cities. I have no info on where exacly, maybe you can look in Dex Online (qwest).

I can't see this rheumy because I have Medicaid, he won't accept this, but if you have private ins. he will.

I had to go all the way from walla Walla to Seattle because of Medicaid issues.

I don't know about central washington.
  4. TLI

TLI New Member

I am in Moses Lake, which is only a bit more than an hour from Tri-Cities. Are you from Walla Walla? I grew up in Athena, OR... which isn't far from Walla Walla. I saw his name and info. listed online today, and called his office, but they were at lunch. It took a lot of courage to make the first call, so will call again tomorrow, when they are not at lunch. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, through my Husband's work, so hopefully he will see me. I would much rather travel there than to Seattle. Who did you see in Seattle? Were you happy with your care there? I will make the extra drive for a good doctor, who not only believes in fibromyalgia, but is willing to work with me on getting control of it.
    Thank you again... your kindness is a Blessing.
    Your in my Prayers. ~Teddi
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Well, the UW Physicians Rheumatology Clinic in Seattle (Gregory Gardner). They also have a CFS/FM clinic.

I lived in Walla for 3 years, I've been to Athena, nice little place!

I don't give much for Walla, it's boring here (to me) and not much to do or see for the children or myself. I am big city chick!

[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2006]
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

even though my handle is Alaska3355! We have had good luck with an alternative style MD/GP who lives in Connell...just down the road from you. He gives IV treatments for CFS and sends in hair and urine analysis for food allergies. He also looks for mercury poisoning- that's what he felt the biggest factor in my son's CFS was. His name is Dr. Jon Mundall and we like him a lot, but he doesn't bill insurance. You can set up a payment plan with him, but we just paid ours off and don't want to start another bill right now. Good luck!
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I am in Sunnyside.

My doc isn't taking new patients but the neuro I go to in Kennewick is. His name is Dr. Cancado and I like him a lot. I don't know how long it might take you to get in, but you could check.

Dr. C does not prescribe anything for me other than Lamictal for my seizures. I don't worry about it because my regular doc takes care of that so I don't know what his protocol for FM or CF is.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  8. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

If I had the resources , I would go to a fairly new clinic in the Seattle area. They specialize in these DD's.

They are spendy , but I've been hearing a lot of good things about them.

Blessings ,

b/c
  9. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi TLI...I'm 25 miles north of the Tri-Cities (in between Othello and TCities). I have a great GP in Richland, Dr. Krause. He treats me for my FMS. I used to go to Seattle to Dr. Brown, a Rheumy there, but felt like I could get the same treatment here. I've also heard that Dr. Peacock is a good Rhemy (someone else mentioned him).

Have you thought about trying Guaifenesen? I am on that protocol and believe that it is working...whooppee!! For this you don't need a doctor (mine doesn't really know about it), but to follow Dr. St. Amand's book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia. Just a thought.

Good luck to you...Ann
  10. TLI

TLI New Member

I will check it out. Several other people have recommended Dr. Peacock and I plan to call his office today. I am in Moses Lake. No one here. My family PA tries to help, but admits his resources and experience are limited. At least he is honest. Thank you again! ~Teddi
  11. TLI

TLI New Member

I just called Dr. Peacock's office and was told he will not see patients with fibromyalia! She said they refer people to Portland, OR. I am sitting here in tears, again. I hate this! I am so tired of feeling this way.
  12. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

There's always hope !!!!!

The good things in life seldom come easy and you will find a good dr.

If you check out the good dr. list available through this site , you will find at least one dr. in Yakima and at least one in the Tri-Cities area.

I've heard of two drs. in Yakima that treat Fibromites. One is on the good drs. list. Since I haven't been to either one , I can't personally recommend them. And I don't know if either one is accepting new patients.

I still feel the new clinic in Seattle is the best option available to us , but it is a ways away from us.

Blessings ,

b/c
  13. ginnytex

ginnytex New Member

I have been seeing Dr Stephen Shaul for about 3 months now. He is in Yakima and does take new and fibro patients. Don't have a lot of experience with him though, only been seeing him a short while, but he seems to be good.Using same protocol that my Doctor in Lubbock, Texas was using and it has worked wonders for me. I went from being bedridden 2 years ago to actually living my life.Good luck, There is a woman doctor here in Yakima also, but I do not know anything about her. Hope you are feeling well soon
  14. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm interested in Dr. Shaul- what type of doctor is he? And does he bill insurance? Do you know if he treats CFS? Thanks a lot. Terri
  15. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Hi neighbor !

I noticed in your profile that you went to a rheumy for a little while. Was she in Yakima? My brain fog has been bad and I can't remember.....

Also , a long time ago , we tried to make contact so that I could give you a free computer for your home. We lost contact for several reasons. Do you still need or want a free computer for your home?

Blessings ,

b/c
  16. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I saw Dr. Eider in Yakima and I didn't care for her. She spent all of our time looking at the computer screen and reading my chart. She did check tender points the first time I was there and basically said yup, that's what ya got!

I only went a couple of times. I didn't think she was doing anything for me.

I still don't have a computer at home but I don't think I can afford the internet anyway. But thanks!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  17. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I thought that's who you saw , but I couldn't remember for sure. I've heard that sometimes she smells the wrong end of the puppies......lol..... It's good to get feedback...even though it may not be very positive. And your answer will help TLI in her search for a dr. Ruling out someone is part of the process.

As far as internet access , you can get it for as little as $9.95/mo. Higher speed for $14.95/mo......from several places. It isn't the best , but it works. I have to use one of these less expensive options myself.

Even if you can't fit that small amount into your budget , please let me know. I'll just keep that 'puter , monitor , keyboard , and printer here for a spare(s).

Blessings ,

b/c

18. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I will check into the prices where we are. It's hard to get any service where we live. Don't know why, seems like every where is "connected" now days.

If you find someone who really needs the 'puter let it go. If you still have it when I decide then great, if not I will no it went to someone who had a need.

(Loved the wrong end of the puppy comment!!)

Thanks again!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  19. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

TLI & alaska....
  20. mbridget

mbridget New Member

I was excited to see some familiar cities (towns) listed here! I am in Dayton which is 30 minutes away from Walla Walla. We moved here from Alaska this year. I haven't found anyone down here to see yet. My doctor and I up there were in the process of ruling out other things when we moved-so no "official" diagnoses from her by the time we left.

I have just been following the guai protocol on my own since I really don't feel like going thru the months (or more) of judgement and dismissal that I had been going thru before I found my Alaska doc.