certified letter from Dr

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 21, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

this one made me laugh. I missed my app. with this rheumy because of my hubbys having to go to another city for heart test.
    well I wasn"t impressesed with this Dr, anyhow but thought I"d go see him a second time. his first ofc call was 350.00.
    he didn"t listen to a thing I told him and my hubby even tried to talk to him,but he just disregarded what we both said.so any how I had cancel the app, told the nurse that my hubby was having test out of town that day .
    so here comes this reg,letter yesterday that I had to sign for,stating that while he didn"t want this to be a intrusion.because missing the app may make him accountable for a bad medical outcome.I never heard of such a thing in my life. I was referred to this DR by my n.p. because she had a couple of people that had fibro and she had sent them. so it was right on my records that I have fibro.
    he didn"t even check for trigger points. so any how what do you think. sixtyslady

2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    Wow! Drs. surely are running scared these days, aren't they?

I think this kind of behavior answers the question of why we don't get adequate pain meds. in many cases, and why doctors won't treat us. They are really afraid of law suits!

Good luck finding a new Rheumy.

Terry