cervical cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbarann, Jun 2, 2003.

1. barbarann

barbarann New Member

I haven't been on for a while but just wanted to let you all know that one on my biggest problems has been found. I have cervical cancer. It has spread to far to operate. I see the oncologist tomorrow to set up my appointments for treatments. I have only known for a week so I have been very busy getting done what I can before the treatments start. I am very scared but mostly tired. It is always one thing after another. I am very lucky because I have a wonderful husband who takes very good care of me. I probably won't be on for a while so say a prayer for me. Barbarann
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi Barbarann,

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My mother has gone
    through surgery and chemo and radiation for breast
    cancer, so I know somewhat what you're facing.
    I just wanted to tell you that some people feel better
    with their FMS symptoms after chemo, if that is
    what they decide to do. So it may help in that area
    as well. Good luck with your drs appt and I'll be thinking of you.
    Lynn
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

My thoughts are with you on treating this illness~
    I had this scare myself a few years ago~I had the cryosurgery done.So far most of my paps have been good.
    Everyone should get their paps done as sceduled,yearly!
    I personally know some woman who have'nt had one in 16 years!!Thats crazy!! Please let us know how you are when you feel up to it~ Best of luck,and warm ((Hugs))!!
    Glad to hear your hubby is behind you~
    Regards,
    Tracey
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am so sorry you have this to face, of course I will be saying prayers for you, and hoping the treatments help. I am thankful you have a supportive husband in your life who loves you so much! Please just take care of yourself now & know we are thinking of you here & praying for your recovery.

Healing Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear this, will surely be praying for you. Take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing.

God bless, lady................

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I just had a hysterectomy in January and I am sorry that is not an option for you. Did your pathology report say it was a carcinoma 3 or 4? I wonder if you could get a second opionin or if the results are the absolute. I wish you all the luck in the world. I have heard that chemo stops fibro symptoms. Let me know if it works for you. Love Sis
  7. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I am sooo sory to hear about adding 1 more thing on top of everything else. I am glad that your hubby is there for you that is so important, especially now. Please get as much rest as you can and eat as much healthy foods, to keep up your stength you will need it. TAke Care, Our Blessing and lots of Hugggsssss~~~~~~~~ Did not notice a bio to see where you live etc. Hope you have found a good doc.