CF AND FIBROMYALGIA LONG TIME LURKER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mranka, Jan 23, 2006.

1. mranka

mranka New Member

Hi everyone,, ok I am trying this again.. I tried to post and "lost it".. I have been viewing this message board for a long time.. got discouraged trying to post as it seemed it never went through.. I just tried again and "lost" what I started.. but this time I am going to persist... I did not realize it has been 3 and a half yrs of coming here to read posts and get info.. First of all, I would like to thank everyone just for being here for me..After reading messages posted here so long ago, I was exhilarated that SOMEONE ELSE felt just like me and I had a name to put to how I felt. I had been "sick all the time and sick of it" , missing work (lost a job because of it )and my family doctor had been throwing his arms up in the air .. finally after reading info here, I suggested that I may have chronic fatigue and my doctor referred me to a rheumatologist in my area..anyhow a lot has occurred during this time frame and after all the blood tests my rheumy sasy I have "probable chronic fatigue" and a probable "fibromyalgic type process".. I guess you could say my rheumatologist does not want to commit himself to a diagnosis..but I am here to say hello.. I too wax and wane in my illness.. had a terrific two months or better and just after my jan 9th follow up, started going downhill again...fatigued, achy , low grade fever, depressed, easily stressed, brain fog and mostly a big funk right now, and am slowly coming about out of my fog again. so again just want to say HI and I will see you in the posts!!
  2. bphayes

bphayes New Member

i'm alone in my life, not illness. i get the "Oh its all in your head" remark or "GET over it". today is not one of my good days or i would type more.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Lurk no more!!
    Glad you got the darn thing to post for ya!lol
    Welcome!
    so sorry your one of us :(
    its a rotten way of life,..but together it seems a lil easier :)
    This place has blessed me with alot of caring friends.

when its so hard for family to understand,..its nice to have others who relate.
    Glad your here,
    Tandy
  4. mranka

mranka New Member

thanks to you who have replied already.. sometimes I do feel so alone, and I know it is hard for people to understand how I feel.. but I know that I can find compassionate, and understanding people here.. my husband is very understanding but I know only "we" can truly relate..sooo nice to have a place to vent
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    Glad you've unlurked! You would think, that with so many people having fibro/CFS, that you wouldn't have such a hard time with people and docs. It just plain makes one wonder! Lots of understanding people here tho.

K.
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

welcome!! I think that most of us lurked around a bit at first......just not sure what to do. I was nervous...but after coming on and responding a bit...then...I got up nerve to post.
    It helps me so much....and I feel so good if I can help someone else.

Big Hug.......MamaR
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Welcome! So happy that your post got through. Just last week I lost a long one, but it doesn't happen too often.

I've found so much help here too. And information that is so valuable.

Hope you will find things to help you heal more. Just not being so isolated has helped me tremendously.

Good wishes and blessings to you.
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m glad you joined us. It does make such a difference being able to come to this board everday. If you have a problem or questions, there is always someone there for you. People really understand and care. Looking forward to more posts from you.

Sandyz
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Gosh!! You could probably win an award for longest lurker!!I'm so glad you decided to come hang out with us!! Your not alone.. We have each other.. Use this tool Mranka .. it could be the best in your arsenal.. Only here do we have friends that truly understand what we are going through..
    I'll look forward to getting to know you!!
    Hugs!
    dona
  10. mranka

mranka New Member

I just want to thank all of you for welcoming me..what a nice bunch of people!!! You know today I felt very alone, being in the grand funk (as I call it).. and you know how it is.. you can feel it coming on.. you know it is inevitable.. and you know you just have to let it take it's course.. but it is still very hard to get through the hard times.. I am glad I have your support and hope that I can be there for you as well..

you are all awesome

mranka
  11. kch64

kch64 New Member

Sorry you're so ill. This board has been great for me.

Welcome.
    K.
  12. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I'm glad you decided to not only lurk, but join in. The experiences you have might be just the one someone else is trying to share.

Somedays I feel so lonesome and down, and then the very next day I wonder what all the fuss was about. How I wish I could get some consistency in my life!

Hugs, Jana
  13. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

And welcome to the board! Gee, if you've been around for 3 years now, though, "Welcome" could sound a bit strange, at this point, huh? lol

YOU could be telling ME "Welcome"! lol
    I've been here for about a year, off and on.

I look forward to "chattin" with ya!

Hugs!
    Starr