==CF/FM overlaps symptoms w/ MANY TICK diseases other than Lyme==

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Aug 14, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I think 'Lyme disease" is becoming sort of a catch-all name for all tickborne diseases.... and too often people stop at being tested just for lyme.

The thing is, more and more people are getting bitten by all types of ticks as the tick population is out of control...

so whether or not you have LYME specifically, altho it IS becoming pandemic.... if you've been bitten by a tick (knowingly or not), it is quite likely one has 1 or more infections, including mycoplasma and CPN (chlamydia pneumonia), both often implicated in CF/FM/ME.

The tests for these are not very reliable either. And keep in mind that while the dog ticks are easy to see (and they do transmit diseases), the deer ticks are tiny, it is totally possible that one would never see it.

Here is a list from
    that has live links to reading about these other infections:

Babesiosis (Babesia, Piroplasmosis, Nantucket Fever)

Bartonella (Cat Scratch Disease, CSD)

Brucellosis (Brucella, Neurobrucellosis, and Malta, Undulant, Rock, Cyprus, or Gibraltar fever)

Colorado Tick Fever (CTF, Mountain Tick Fever, Mountain Fever, American Mountain Fever)

Ehrlichiosis (Ehrlichia)

Heartwater Disease (Cowdriosis)

Q Fever (Query fever): Chronic Q fever, which often presents as culture-negative endocarditis, is difficult to treat and can be fatal. Recent studies in patients with chronic Q fever in which polymerase chain reaction (PCR) was used to detect C burnetii DNA revealed evidence that the organism persists in human liver, blood monocytes, and most commonly, bone marrow.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF, Sao Paulo Fever, Spotted Fever, Tick Typhus)

Tick-Borne Rickettsia from the Spotted Fever Group - other than RMSF

Tick-Borne Rickettsia from the Typhus Group

Tick-Borne Encephalitis (TBE)

Tick-Borne Diseases in the Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus Group - other than TBE Virus

Tick-Borne Relapsing Fever (Borrelia hermsii, B. turicata/turicatae, B. parkeri)

Tick-Borne Relapsing Fever - other than that caused by B. hermsii, B. turicata/turicatae, B. parkeri

Tick Paralysis

Tularemia (Rabbit Fever, Francis' Disease, Deer-Fly Fever, O'Hara Disease)

West Nile Virus (West Nile Encephalitis)

Chlamydia Pn. (see cpnhelp.org)

Mycoplasma Pn.

Powassan Virus Outbreak

Can Ticks Spread Hepatitis C Virus?

Epstein Barr & Lyme

Mysterious Skin Disease

and other interesting topics like:

Mycoplasma Experiments

Encephalitis-like virus

Deer Tick Virus Transmission

Point being, I think most of us have been bitten by ticks and other bugs - other bugs also carry diseases -

What was so surprising to me is that I didn't know that WNV could be transmitted by ticks as well as mosquitoes until just now.

So, there is a reason why the CDC's stats show that 95% of vector borne diseases are carried by ticks...

[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2008]
  2. cct

cct Member

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for this list.

Because I grew up in a part of the United States where the mosquitos are the size of small humming birds, and because I have received many many bug bites (both ticks and mosquitos), I have often wondered if all of these bug bites could have given me an undetected problem.

This list will be very helpful.

3. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

It makes one think! I'm sure lyme for me is only the beginning.....

All the best,
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I have been wondering about this one for 2 YEARS, since going to the FFC for treatment and testing in March 2006.

Just how do you catch mycoplasma? Like is it hanging out on toilet seats, door knobs, etc?

I can't find any other ways to get it except from a tick or as a STD. I also wonder how many of these other pathogens can be transmitted horizontally? There doesn't seem to be too many studies on this concept on Pubmed.

Since testing for all of these pathogens really stinks, it's hard to know what I've gotten from ticks!
  5. hopeliveshere

hopeliveshere New Member

We hear about to many infections in relation to FM, CFS and other chronic disease. Read the science behind the Marshall Protocol and it all will become clear!

I am so glad I read it...It has changed my life.

www.bacteriality.com and www.marshallprotocol.com
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

yep it does help some if not all... I do believe we're a diverse group of ecosystems, each being unique... and no one thing works for everyone, imho, sadly. I really wish there was a magic bullet.

(if you read my bio/profile, you know I'm about to start phase 3. I've taken way longer than most because of 'life' getting in the way, the latest obstacle my moving to a much higher elevation (6800') a month ago and so dropped the benicar to let myself adapt for a bit (on my doctor's recommendation).

buenos noches...

[This Message was Edited on 08/19/2008]
  7. elpapa

elpapa New Member

Good thread,
    A virus is a virus, most of which are related in so many forms.
    I have seen much debate about whether or not ticks can pass on certain virus but for me it is plainly obvious they can.
    No one would use a dirty syringe but ticks and their pals are just that, a flying dirty syringe.
    The main point here is that EVERYONE gets bitten, it's the reaction to that bite that is the problem.
  8. munch1958

munch1958 Member

"Flying dirty syringe"

I agree ticks are a dirty cesspool of infection but they don't fly!