CFIDS and Asthma

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaybienweb, Nov 3, 2002.

1. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Hi,
    Is there anyone out there with CFIDS and Asthma that's taking an anti-depressant medication?

One of the worst and most common side-effects, when I take certain medications, is severe dryness.

I have anxiety & depression and would be grateful if anyone could recommend an anti-depressant that works without causing dryness.

Thank you.
  2. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Hi,
    Is there anyone out there with CFIDS and Asthma that's taking an anti-depressant medication?

One of the worst and most common side-effects, when I take certain medications, is severe dryness.

I have anxiety & depression and would be grateful if anyone could recommend an anti-depressant that works without causing dryness.

Thank you.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

My younger sister has cfids and asthma--She has taken paxil, quite a while, for anxiety. The only effect she has mentioned is sleepiness, so she cut the dosage down. She's sensitive to meds. I just started on paxil about 2 weeks ago, and so far good---no bad side effects.
    karen
  4. *Isla*

*Isla* New Member

I have CFS, and asthma, and when I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression, I was put on Luvox. It did dry me a bit but that went away as I took it more. However, I found it was really effective for treating the anxiety and depression. I think you really need to talk to your doctor though because everyone reacts differently to anti-depressants and only you and your doctor can really decide on which is right for you.
    Hope things work out for you. God bless and keep smilin'!!
    *Sonia*