CFIDS - Anyone have a tender abdomen?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SoxFan, Sep 28, 2005.

1. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

My abdomen is often "tender". I wouldn't really call it pain, but when I lie on my back and press lightly, it just feels tender, and sometimes bloated. As with my other symptoms, this is worse some days than others, and is seems to be at it's worst first thing in the morning. Two MRI's have shown nothing.

Does anyone else have this symptom with their CFIDS?
  2. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

about a similar issue but thought it was too weird. It also is not really a pain but an uncomfortable sensation I've always been curious about. I'm talking about when lying down.

All my life I've had to press a pillow to my abdomen when I lie down. Otherwise I feel a yawning "empty" feeling in the area that is just bordering on pain.

I've also wondered if my uncomfortable sensation is related to my Dad's outright PAIN he feels in the stomach...again, only at night. He goes to bed around 8, has to get up around midnight due to stomach pain. He just deals with it (stoic old war vet). He has had this long-term and during my childhood he was told he had ulcers. He doesn't (and never did)...but the pain is still there.

Weird's the word.
    P.S. My stomach's definitely not empty!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2005]
  3. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

It's more of a "full" feeling - almost like the way my tummy felt during the first three months of pregnancy. (NO - that's DEFINITELY not it!!)