CFIDS Association Facebook page

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by outofstep, May 7, 2009.

1. outofstep

outofstep Member

This pretty cool-they already have 936 fans:
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for the info. I just joined , not that familiar with facebook but I did join want to do all I can.. We are what will make the difference...

God Bless,
  3. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

this is an incredible page.. the fact that you can SEE that people are actually fighting for you is beyond words, and I'm so happy to see that people are actually taking action. I think its incredible to see how many other people are living with cfs and how its affecting every single one of their lives.. love it!!!
  4. cynicaldog

cynicaldog New Member

If you've joined Facebook and are a member of the CFIDS group, you might be interested in joining some of the FMS groups as well. "Fibromyalgia, the Unseen Illness" is at and has over 2000 members. I also belong to "Fibromyalgia Awareness", at, which has over 12000 members! I can't find any groups devoted to ME, but anyone is free to start one.

I don't always use these groups for support or information. Instead, I join them because my friends and family on Facebook can see that I've joined them, and I hope it might pique their interest and perhaps encourage them to check out the groups themselves. I have supportive friends and family, but not one of them truly "gets" what I go through on a daily basis. Maybe exposure to the experiences of 12000 other people will be a tiny bit of an eye-opener. I can't seem to talk to my mother without her suggesting that a warm bath will fix all my problems (or getting a lecture about the dangers of oxycontin), and I'd love for her to see how many other people have the same complaints I do.
  5. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

I also am on facebook for finding old friends and its nice. But i am happy to see there are websites for us. Can't wait to run with it! = ]