CFIDS docs in ME, NH, or MA?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saul, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. Saul

    Saul New Member

    Hello everyone,

    I am in desperate need of a CFIDS specialist in either Maine, New Hampshire, or Massachusetts. If anyone knows of a doctor(s) in these states, could you please post their names etc.. I have been to at least 15 doctors in Maine and all they seem to do is shake their heads. They are trying their best but cannot figure out whats wrong with me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    I also want to thank all who responded to my previous post about my cognitive difficulties, which have become my #1 issue. I have tried many of the treatments you recommended but to no avail thus far. It has gotten so bad that I may have to apply for LTD in the school system where I teaach. I do not want to do this and am willing to try ANYTHING at this point to help alleviate my symptoms.

    Thank you and God Bless!
  2. mezombie

    mezombie Member

    Hi Saul,

    Finding a decent doctor is difficult, isn't it?

    Have you tried contacting CFIDS support groups in your area? They often have lists of good doctors that they can refer you to.

    If you don't know of any support groups, you might find some under the purple "Support Groups" tab at the top right of this page.

    The "Doctors" tab nearby has a link to Co-Cure's "Good Doctor List". You might find someone on there, as well.

    There's also a thread toward the top of the board where PH members have posted about doctors they would recommend. Unfortunately, it's not indexed by state, but if you try a search with the states you mentioned, by title and by content, you might find someone.

    I, too, have a lot of cognitive symptoms. I wish there was a magic bullet to make them all go away!

    Good luck, and hang in there!


[ advertisement ]