CFIDS Flare, FLU or ALLERGIES ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 9, 2005.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

It has been two weeks today I began feeling worse than my usual..I started feeling achy, tired and like I was coming down with a sinus infection..I had the headache, blury vision,
    aches in my bones..One day I could be up and the next day in bed..Then the biggie hit and I have been in bed one week..Aches, cough, wheezing, ear pressure, sore throat, swollen glands and of course the fatigue and wanting to sleep. I have been to sick to go to the doctor..

I run a low body temp. of about 96 so my temp. never was above 98 but I would feel like I was out of it, they way you do with a high fever..

My mucus is clear from my nose and cough. This happens to me about every 4 months and I have been to the doc before and she doesn't really know what it is ..She sends me home with an RX for an antibodic and flonase..Which I had on hand is one reason I didn't go to the doc and sure didn't feel up to going..

So I am not sure if this is a bad flare, allergies or the flu, which is exactly what it felt like..

I awoke about 2 am this morning is a sweat and seem to be feeling some better at least I am up not sure for how long...I still have the symptoms of a bad cold..

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so what was your dx...

I can expect another week of feeling bad but hopefully will be out of bed..Then back to my usual feeling of not so good....

I am suppose to go help out in the church office tomorrow not sure if I should push and try to go.

Thanks

2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

this is one of the truly great (but not great) mysteries of this illness. it happened to me last week; 4 days of terrible fatigue, achiness, headache, then it just lifts and moves on. flare? i don't know. i have other days where i'm stricken with hayfever symptoms for 24-48 hours, then they spontaneously blow over. allergies? maybe, but there's nothing particular in the air right now that would cause it. our immune systems are completely dysfunctional. rest, rest, rest, and drink lots of fluid. i also tend to indulge in over the counter remedies during these spells as they bring some relief.

wishing you well,
    eddie
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

this is one of the truly great (but not great) mysteries of this illness. it happened to me last week; 4 days of terrible fatigue, achiness, headache, then it just lifts and moves on. flare? i don't know. i have other days where i'm stricken with hayfever symptoms for 24-48 hours, then they spontaneously blow over. allergies? maybe, but there's nothing particular in the air right now that would cause it. our immune systems are completely dysfunctional. rest, rest, rest, and drink lots of fluid. i also tend to indulge in over the counter remedies during these spells as they bring some relief.

wishing you well,
    eddie
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

It is a mystery and not a pleasant one.
    As you said rest is the only thing that seems to help but I have been down for 2 weeks this time..I am trying to decide to make myself do because I am so weak or just stay put till it goes away, only to return..

That is what is so discouraging it does return every week..

I try OTC things too but have found nothing that brings much relief..

What bothers me is my poor family suffers..My husband has had to bring food home everynight for over a week..I know he gets sick of seeing me sick...

Thanks and if you ever find a remendy please let me know..