CFIDS/Lyme Videos by Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, May 30, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I put up a two part video describing my life with CFIDS and Lyme. I hope it helps some people.
    Lyme Disease/CFIDS/ME and My Life Part One

Lyme Disease/CFIDS/ME and My Life Part Two

I usually go by the net name Carrigon, I'm only TeaBisqit on here.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I watched the first one and plan to watch the second one sometime did a good job of explaining stuff, and it's nice to be able to put a face to your name....thanks for making the videos
  3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

for the time it took to put the video's together. I watched both of them .

I too thought you did a very good job of explaining how you are feeling.

I agree it's nice to be able to put a face to your name.

Even though I have fibro ~ I can relate to the fatigue.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thanks for posting this. I watched your videos. Perhaps they will help someone understand these illnesses better.

I have lyme also, and bartonella, and have had it for 21 years.

I didn't discover that those infections had caused my symptoms until the beginning of 2009, so I've been treating for almost 4 months.

It sounds like you have tried many avenues of treatment for lyme.

It is the most complex bacteria identified to date which explains why it is difficult to the fact that so many of us were never treated when we first developed it, so it is chronic.

I was curious if, when you were taking oral antibiotics, you were on a regimen of combination antibiotics that rotated?

For the first 3 months I took 3 antibiotics at the same time and then 2 of them were changed and one stayed the same, in order to attack the bacteria from different angles. Some meds prevent the bacteria from replicating, some prevent the formation of protein, etc.

Then there is the cell wall deficient form to deal with, etc.

It's a shame that you were unable to use IV antibiotics for a much longer time due to the insurance co. If they were smart, they would realize that spending some money now for treatment could prevent alot of insurance expense in the long term.

I also wondered if you have posted on's medical questions board?

If not, I recommend it. There are alot of intelligent people there who are supportive and have been through the ringer also.

Do you think you were properly evaluated for other commonly associated tick-borne illnesses such as babesia, bartonella and ehrlichia?

Thanks again for posting your videos. I wish you only the best and hope that someday soon you will find the treatments that will help you really recover.

5. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Wow, that took a lot of effort on your part, and you did such a great job with it. Thank you, I'm sure that will help many people.

6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've tried alot of things and the list of antibiotics is a long one. My original doc tried rotation with all different ones, nothing worked. We think one of the coinfections is causing the NMH/POTS. But there's no way to really fix it at this time.

I just hope the video helps some people to understand that our lives are not fun with this disease.
  7. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I do think these 2 video's well help other's to understand.

I am very appreciative of the time/energy it took for you to make them.

How are things going with your newest doctor?

Very gentle hugs, Susan
  8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I go back on the fourth. We'll see how she is as I keep going. As long as she listens and tries to help :D