CFIDS one day able to be up the next day in bed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 5, 2005.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Does this sound like cfids?..First of all I never have one good week..I may have two days that I am able to be up do some light house work, cook a meal and maybe a small trip to the grocery..This feel so wonderful...to be able to do something..

Then the next day I feel tired, anxious
    but I try to stay up not doing much then the next day or two I am in bed except for bathroom trips..Honestly I don't even look like me..I look terrible and feel it.

I never run a fever but have chills and sweats sometime I feel like I am out of it , like you do with the flu and a high fever..
    Then I become so depressed..I have these weird feelings in my head and my legs feel weak when I walk.My vision is blury. I could go on and on but does this sound like cfids?

My husband gets so upset with me he can't understand why one day I am up and the next day can't get out of bed...Well, neither do I..I may have 2 up days a week and the other
    are spent in bed or sitting around..

I can't go out of town or plan anything.

I feel I am becoming so decondition from not being active and I am borded stiff but if I do anything then it seems to make me sick..I am afraid I am becoming bedridden..

Can anyone relate?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure sorry you are feeling so badly. But most of us, be it CFS or FM feel like you do.

I had a whole week of feeling good, almost normal. Went shopping and out to eat three times in 7 days, what a treat!

But for the last few days, I am just about dragging myslf around the house. I even look as bad as I feel for a change. Most of the time I don't look sick, but am sick.

I felt like I had fever all day today, and a nagging funny feeling in my head for the last five days, like I am getting the flu, or just a bad headache.

It has taken all my determination to take care of my dogs, I mean a real effort! But I always take care of them no matter how terrible I feel.

Its hard for your husband to understand. I had that problem with my daughter for years. She could not understand how I could keep up with her out shopping one day, and could hardly leave the bed for three days afterwards!

My husband does understand as much as anyone who does not have these illnesses can. BUt he will argue with me, and that only causes more stress, and stress is worst for us than anything else, that he can't seem to get that through his thick head!

Sure hope you are feeling better soon, believe me, you are not alone.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Don't get so carried away when you are feeling better that you do too much an exhaust yourself. Try to find a level of activity that can be sustained from day to day.