CFIDS or RA??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Angie812, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

I was diagnosed last year with CFIDS, but for the last month or so my symptoms have gotten worse. I get severe pain in my feet, ankles, knees, hands elbows, and shoulders (not necessarily at the same time). Right now it is my feet. Is this symptomatic of CFIDS, or could I possibly have rheumatoid arthritis? I go to my GP on Thurs., so I am definitely going to ask him about it. He's the one who dx me with CFIDS. I've been having blood work done about every 6 mths. I'll find out my latest results on Thurs.

Angie
  2. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

What is a TENS machine?? I have not heard of this. I see the DR. on Thurs. and will ask him about the blood test. I do know that joint pain is also part of CFIDS and I have not had any redness or swelling or bumps as associated with RA, so... guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for your reply, Prickles!

Angie
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Angie, I suspect your doctor has already ruled out RA in arriving at the CFS dx. You may be having FM symtoms. Welcome to the club!

By the way, for what it's worth which isn't much, I believe that FM is one symptom of CFIDS while others think it's a separate illness. Some day we'll all know.

Marta

4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My wifes CFS symptoms are different from mine, but we both have Epstein-Barr & Cytomegalo Virus. She has painful joints (Mono is caused by EBV) but I have MS symptoms. We are both S-L-O-W-L-Y getting better and the symptoms are going down.

We use ProHealth Transfer Factors targeted for EBV and CMV. We also just started juicing vegetables.

Also realize that CoxSackie and HHV-6 can cause CFS.

Ask your doctor to test you for CFS viruses.
    http://www.transferfactor.ws/
  5. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

Thank you all so much for your responses. I have a lot to talk to my dr. about on Thurs!

Angie