CFIDS worsening

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolDonz, Oct 29, 2006.

1. CarolDonz

CarolDonz New Member

Hi,

I've had CFIDS and fibro for several years now, and it seems to be getting worse; the fatigue and body pain are getting much worse, my immune system is not functioning very well, and I had bacterial pneumoniae in July.

I went to see a Dr. who supposedly treats CFIDS; he did extensive bloodwork and said that my killer T-cells were low and gave me some herbs to boost my immune system (which didn't thrill me). I showed copies to my rheumatologist and internist, both of whom recommended I see an immunologist in the city; I faxed her the bloodwork on Fri, which she was going to look over, and I have to call her for an appt. tomm. morn. Can you really get this sick w/it? I'd appreciate any help/input you can give me.

Thanks,
    Carol

P.S. All other bloodwork and tests were normal.
  2. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

You can get sicker than you can possibly imagine.

How many years have you had CFS/ME/FMS?

You should definitely take the herbs and take them as directed. They may not help, but countless studies have shown immune dysfunction in CFS, it makes sense to work on it, right?

I find that it helps to do a lot of research, I don't let my medical health lie in the hands of doctors, since they can't always be the best at helping (most doctors are skeptical of CFS and a lot of people on this board have been treated badly by some doctors) I am lucky to have a good GP.

Good luck and I hope you get better!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The good news is that you are seeing a doc and I hope she can help you. We can get very ill with these conditions but we can also come back but progress can be very slow. If it helps you to know, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for the pain about five to six years ago. I am in a relapse right now as I wait to have my sick gallbladder removed. I am hoping once I recover from the surgery, I will get back to healing.

Stealth infections, which operate beneath our immune systems, are often to blame for our relapses when they reactivate.

Good luck and please, let us know how you make out.

Love, Mikie
  4. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

I'm so sorry you're having a bad flare. Sometimes the illness cycles - bad, then really bad, then back to bad. Since you've had pneumonia, it has wreaked havoc on your system. Be gentle with yourself...

Rest as much as you can, even if you're not sleeping, lying down is very helpful. Deep breathing is helpful.

On the days when you have to go out take an energy booster:
    Vitamin E
    Co-enzyme Q10
    Lecithin
    Green Tea
    Protein drinks

Also, have they checked your iron, potassium, folate, vitamin B and thyroid? And if you aren't on an anti-depressant, you could ask the doc if that is an option you should try.

God help you throught this very difficult time.

love and (((hugs)))

abluv