CFS a Virus ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 23, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

A message to all members of

Finally, the National Academy of Sciences Makes It Official:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Linked to Virus ..

Anyone receive this info form the ME-CFS reports.. I did but it was long and complicated ..

According to new research cfs is a virus now the treatment..
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

I'm not holding my breath, Greatgran. Just read a blog about this (not the NY Times news report), and it seemed to indicate that there are problems regarding both the first and second study and the purported results. Something about it being MRV, but not the XMRV that was announced last fall. I think the NY Times article reported that, too. So, I'll wait and see. My neighbor, a nurse, heard about this on CNN yesterday. At least this kind of reporting should (again, I'm not holding my breath) put a stop to those doctors who still insist CFS is nonexistent or a case of depression.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

No one knows yet what CFS is. XMRV might just be another virus that "some" of us get. Others probably won't. Does it cause a sub-set of CFS? Who knows? No one has been able to answer that question yet.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

85% positive in cfs group is looking very strong. a retrovirus explains all these other viruses and bacterial infections found in cfs patients, as in hiv another retro it causes these normal benign infections to reactivate and cause harm as it lowers our immune function.