CFS Ad in July issue of Ladies Home Journal.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Golde58, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Golde58

Golde58 New Member

I just rec'd my July copy of the Ladies Home Journal and on page 125 is a full page ad regarding CFS from the CDC.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen it and what they think???

Take Care-

Kim
  2. winsomme

winsomme New Member

what does it say? anything new?

thanks
    bill
  3. vwolfer

vwolfer New Member

Kim, I saw it and was not impressed at all. Personally, I think it fell way short of what it should have been. What did you think? Valerie
  4. Golde58

Golde58 New Member

I agree with you Valerie. I was terribly disappointed with the line " So Why Do People Think the Problems All in My Head?" I believe they could have left that out and the ad would have had more impact. I think it should have been more informative and not lead or allow the readers to question if its mental rather than physical. On the other hand, I am very thankful that the CDC is getting the word out.

Bill, I will try to describe the ad. A lady in a bath robe, looking extremely exhausted, is standing in front of the bathroom mirror. On the mirror is written, "My Memory is Shot. My Legs Feel Like Lead. Every Muscle in my Body is Screaming. So Why Do People Think The Problems All in My Head?" Then at the bottom in SMALLER print it states Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) can be as isolating as it is debilitating--especially when those around you don't understand what your're going through. But your not alone. Then it goes on to state some of the symptoms and to log on to www.cdc.gov for the latest research and guidance on CFS diagnosis and treatment, etc.

Again, I'm thankful for the ad, but wonder if it would have more impact if that "all in my head" line was left out.

What do you think?

Kim

5. vwolfer

vwolfer New Member

Kim, I definitely agree!! Should have been done in a much different way. I think the ad might even possibly hurt more than help. Take care, Valerie

[ advertisement ]