CFS after surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

This was probably asked b4, but how many developed CFS after a surgery?

I did
  2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Me too. Dysfunctional gall bladder resulting in extreme pain and unable to eat or drink hardly at all for a month. Lost 20 lbs.

Had the gall bladder removed (in 2000), after much testing. Surgery went very well. Expected to recover within 3 weeks. Never did.

A few months later diagnosed with CFIDS. This year found out it's chronic Lyme Disease.

The Lyme will often hide in the body, and when the body is weakened, through crisis, stress, surgery, accident, it cannot keep the Lyme at bay. So it opportunistically becomes "active"...therefore a so-called "sudden onset" of CFIDS. Also, it had already done undetected damage to various systems and organs.

Take care, hope it's a good day for you,
    Hopeful4
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I got much worse with my CFIDS after my hysterectomy. Lots of pain, fatigue, dizziness, hyperthyroidism. I stopped the Premarin. That was a nightmare. Just wish I could get back to my CFIDS baseline.

GBHope
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I had surgey for diverticulitis last year and they removed 12" of my sigmoin colon and also found that I had a cyst in my throat which was removed 2 months afterwards and since then I have been in severe pain all over. The surgery docs claim there is no corilation but I have been told by rhuemy and lawyers that it is a common occurence that is often brushed off as post surgery complications and that they leave it at that and no follow ups are done afterwards. I also have read an article here where a chiropactor believes that these conditions are caused when they put that tube down your throat, something about the way they twist your neck which forces the first vertibae of your spine into the nerve bundle effectivly pinching it off and causing the sytoms that we have.

Jake
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I have heard that too about the way the tube is put in your throat and the position of your neck during surgery.

I have a lot of problems with my neck since the surgery