CFS and Antibiotics They Helped..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jul 4, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Not sure how to start this but I went to see a rheumy after a long wait to get the appointment..My dx was cfs/fobro and sjogrens..

To make this short I was put on an antibiotic for a possible sinus infection but probably was the sjogrens..Anyway the antibiotic didn't do much for the allergy/sinus thing but I noticed it helped my cfs..I took the full round and will start another one, not because the doc said so its because I have a refill if needed. Since I am feeling better thought it couldn't hurt..

I heard or read somewhere that with a depressed immune system an infection will not show up in blood work (WBC) or you will not run a temp in some people..Since the antibiotic seemed to have helped I was curious to this statement..

Any input or has antibiotic helped anyone?

God Bless,
    greatgran
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

What is the name and dosage of the anti-biotic?? I know

someone who has had CFS for about 20 yrs and has had success with Valcyte an anti viral drug. Also, what %
    of improvement had you experienced?

Thanks,
    MRDAD

3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

If you are feeling better on abx then I suggest you get tested for Lyme first and mycoplasma second. A VERY high percentage of CFS and FM are just lyme cases that haven't been diagnosed by proper testing such as the Igenex Western Blot.

good luck
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I second JarJar's opinion, it is very likely that you do have some stealth infection causing most if not all of your problems if the abx did make you feel better!

I would also suggest seeing a LLMD - you can go to ilads.org and get doctor referrals... also lyme flash net has instant messaging where you can send private emails to others about doctors.

all the best,
    Victoria

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am on Ceftin 500mg twice a day..I have been tested for lymnes twice and one test was the western blot..not sure about the other one.
    Test were negative..I do feel its something going on or the antibotic wouldn't have helped..

As I say I will have to wait and see how I continue to feel..But this is the first time in 4 years I have gone a week out of bed..

Thanks so much for your input and replies..
    greatgran
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad the ABX helped. I was on the Doxycycline, as you probably know, for 2 1/2 years for my mycoplasma infection.

Many of our stealth chronic infections will not show up in routine blood tests. It can take PCR DNA tests to find them.

A lot of the experts in FMS and CFIDS are using ABX and antivirals and having good results.

Love, Mikie