cfs and atrial fibrillation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by salcon, May 28, 2003.

1. salcon

salcon New Member

Hi I am new to this message board but I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I have had cfs for almost 15 years and like all sufferers I have had a variety of symptoms. Just when I think I have had them all along comes another one. Last month I collapsed and was rushed to hospital, where I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. I had all the tests possible and everything has come back normal, so now the doctors tell me that they are stumped as to why it happened and told me to wait and see if it happens again. ( I can't wait!!!!!!!!!) Anyway has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if its my cfs that caused it. By the way I do have Mitral Valve Prolapse.
    Salcon
  2. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

Salcon, Various problems with heart rhythm have been a major problem for me in years past. I know how frightening it can be. CFS effects the heart because it is a muscle and mitral valve prolapse is very common among CFSrs.

There is a nerve that goes down the neck, through the chest and to the heart. Try massaging your neck, shoulders and chest above the heart to relax the muscles that may compress this nerve. Also, take thiamine because the nerve coverings need a lot of it and a small iron pill (ferrous sulfate) to give your heart more oxygen. This is what works for me and nothing else is needed except good nutition. Give this 30 days to work and take it easy meanwhile.

Hope your feeling better soon.
  3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

About the time I got Fibro I had artrial fibulation. The Dr. said it was my age (29) and that I would out grow it. (stress I believe he was saying)
    For the most part it seems I have but I have oftened wonder about MVP but no Dr. pays attention when I mention it.
    I can walk without getting winded but will sometimes lean over to pick something up and my heart beats very fast and I am winded. Doesn't happen every time though so I can't "show" the Dr.

I hope you get to feeling better.
  4. salcon

salcon New Member

Thanks for the help, It really helps to talk to people with cfs. I will try the supplements. I will let you know what happens
    salcon

[ advertisement ]