CFS and beef help wanted

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by favershamgirl, Aug 12, 2005.

1. favershamgirl

favershamgirl New Member

Hiya I am new to this website but am hoping for some advise from all you more experienced people.

I have had Fibromyalgia most of my life but diagnosed 12 years ago. My daughter (who is 15) is showing all the classic signs of CFS and appears to be worse after eating anything containing beef. Some one I work with said her daughter has CFS and has to avoid beef. Does anyone else with CFS have to avoid beef also and does anybody know why this might be.

My daughter doesn't see the hospital doctor until next month but we are writing every symptom down until then........ any help anbody could offer would help.

Many thanks

[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2005]
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

keep a food diary.

somethings bound to coincide.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I like it but it doesnt like me so dont eat it often and I also think about all the hormones etc. our animals are given and that are passed onto us.

I hope your daughter will be okay, my daughter got CFS/Fibro at 15 - she's 28 and been able to get on with her life - even though she still gets ill it hasnt incapacitated her.

Rosie
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

organic meat and poultry are SO expensive in UK as are organice vegetables and fruit.

I buy organic when I can but prices are so prohibitive especially for meat and poultry.

Rosie
  5. GFB

GFB New Member

Hello,

Beef has been a recent issue for me too but I'm finding out that I'm allergic to a lot of things including foods and everyday materials around me and this has become a huge problem recently. I have CFS and this summer has been really bad. I had a setback and my immune system weakened and I seem to have more of a problem with beef than I did before. The allergic reaction is much more intense. I've been doing NAET which is an allergy elimination technique for the past month and a half and we will be addressing this issue so that I can eat beef again. I encourage everyone with these illnesses to look into NAET because majority of the people with CFS and FM have major sensitivities to their environment due to our suppressed immune systems. As you begin to lift these allergies, your body can become stronger. I'm experiencing it now myself and while the concept is a bit profound, I am getting better results than when I was on a lot of my supplements and medications (which I turned out to be allergic to) and yes, I see my allergies actually going away. It's a lot of work but I am very hopeful that if I am persistent and patient, I will actually be allergy free and healthy again. Hope that helps prompt some food for thought and good luck in finding the right answer for you.

GFB
  6. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I am a farmer's daughter. My dad raises beef cattle, so we get free beef (no hormones and our cattle are in a pasture, not in some big corporate facility). Beef is often the only thing that sounds appealing to me. Sometimes the thought of chicken or pork makes me want to throw up, but not beef. I never feel worse after eating it.

Shrimp and fish has been sounding kind of good to me lately, but it is so expensive.

Perhaps it just depends on the source of your meat, but you'll have to pry my hamburger and steak out of my cold dead hands! :)

Just my experience.
    Nicole

7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

HI,
    It could be that your daughter is reacting, not to the beef, itself, but to the chemicals that are in it.

I used to need to eat beef every once and a while to get my energy up. Lately I have eliminated beef from my diet, and only, maybe once or twice a year, have a piece. When I do so, I but it from a store that guarantees that it has no antibiotics, is free range, and is local.

It is important to know, not only what our beef eats, but more importantly, how it is slaughtered. Regular beef is slaughtered by electricity at the base of the brain. The force of that causes regular molecules, and also, any diseased molecules, to be forced into the flesh. With this in mind, whenever I buy a piece, I limit myself to a piece that is as far away from the head and spine as I can get, like sirloin.

All in all, it seems to be more trouble and more of a danger than it is worth.

Good luck,
    Terry
  8. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

We began eating organic beef, chicken and fish about 2 years ago. The thought of eating "regular" beef makes me sick now. Also, instead of eating hamburger meat, once in a while we eat ground buffalo meat. It's better tasting than chopped beef and not as "heavy" tasting.

I'm not crazy about ingesting hormones and antibiotics either.

BxGirl
  9. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I LOVE LOVE LOVE buffalo meat--it's a bit expensive, but worth it every now and then. Very lean.

Nicole
  10. favershamgirl

favershamgirl New Member

Thank you for all your comments....... my daughte rhas always had amilk allergy which comes out as excema....but recently eating beef leaves her drained, pale, lethargic, and very very very tired...... it is like someone switched her off............. can't wait to see what doctor suggests.... but thank you all for your comments it is much appreciated.....
  11. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I feel so badly for your daughter! How horrible to have a milk allergy and have a bad reaction to beef. Can she eat other meats? With CFS she feels bad enough, best to avoid whatever makes it worse. Keep us posted to what the doc says.

Nicole
  12. neen85

neen85 New Member

One is:"Please read:high acidity...it is about blood types,digestive enzymes etc.......my blood work is posted on the "CFS Shocker #8" post,which starts out being about Lyme.

Suz,from this board,also had a live blood analysis done,and posted some info about blood types and digestion. I don't know if any of this could relate to your daughter or not,but it may be worth a look. The blood type info will be posted a bit above the actrual typed-out results of my analysis.

Tansy has also added some valuable info about metabolic typing on one of the posts. Daneen
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Before I got so sick and was still working, I would have cravings. I would have to look for a place to stop on the road and eat a hamburger. I still get those cravings every now and then.

My family was from NE and my uncle owned a meat market. I grew up eating lots of beef. I don't know whether it's habit or whether there's something missing in my body that causes me to crave beef. I don't crave it as much as I used to.

Love, Mikie
  14. Shirl

Shirl New Member

But like Mikie said, sometimes I crave red meat. Not often, but I just think our bodies know what they need, so I will eat it them.

Its like when you crave salt, I read somewhere that is your body telling you it needs it!!

There is a big difference in the taste of free range, none chemical foods in cattle as well as chickens, etc.

My grandfather had a farm, there was no chemicals, and the cattle were free range. So were the chickens, ducks, and geese :)

Even the milk has a sweet taste, not an after taste like from the store...........

Shalom, Shirl

15. Diagoras

Diagoras New Member

I've had some improvement after making numerous diet changes all at once. I have not cut out meat entirely, but for red meat and pork I only have 3 bites at dinner and only rarely have ham slices for sandwiches. (I can't go vegetarian because I cook the meals and my husband insists on meat at every dinner.) Other changes I've made include eating 9 servings of fruit and vegetable every day and eliminating soda and other sweets except on holidays.