CFS and cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanmaireb, Mar 19, 2010.

1. jeanmaireb

jeanmaireb New Member

Has anyone with CFS had cancer and had to go
    through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation?
    How did it go and do you have any tips or suggestions?
  2. mrsED

mrsED New Member

I have been diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast and am trying to decide on lumpectomy with 6-8 weeks 5 days a week radiation at a hospital one hour from my home and possible chemo OR mastectomy with possible chemo and possible reconstruction.

I am 61 years old and have had fibro for over 20 years. I am wondering if it would be vain for me to consider reconstruction. I try to take care of my appearance and am having trouble with the cosmetic aspect of this. I understand radiation can be exhausting and I am already exhausted all the time with the fibro.
    Can't figure out which wold be worse, radiation or surgery.
    Anyone been in this situation?
    I don't consider myself to be vain but I can't tolerate wearing a bra now, just wear a tank top with some cups sewn in. Don't know how I could wear a prosthesis if I can't even wear a bra. Any elastic across my back or on my shoulders kills me.
    I am confused and would like to hear from anyone who's had to make this decision.
    Thanks so much
    Mrs Ed
  3. mrsED

mrsED New Member

Thanks for the reply. It seems there are so many important decisions to be made in a short period of time. Mind boggling....