CFS and CoQ10

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Savanah, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Savanah

Savanah New Member

It has now been shown that the extreme fatigue experienced by CFS/ME sufferers is a direct result of mitochondrial dysfunction (i.e. dysfunction in the energy production mechanism of our cells). (http://www.anhcampaign.org/news/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-can-no-longer-be-labelled-psychosomatic) Since CoQ10 is directly involved with the energy metabolism in our cells, I would LOVE to hear from any of you who have taken CoQ10 as a supplement for CFS. What dose were you on; how long did you take it for; did you notice any difference; and how long did it take before you felt that difference?
    Savanah
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Hi Savanah. This is a great question and I suggest you go to our ME/Chronic Fatigue Board and ask there because it would be helpful to ask there also. Good luck.
  3. BluesDog

BluesDog New Member

I took CoQ10 for many years, can no longer afford it. I found it to reduce inflammation, improve mood and energy. Absorbtion is an issue. I felt little to nothing from oral doses, until I tried some good quality sublinguals, at 100mg dose. I felt it immediately, and got improved benefit over time. I had Japanese injectable CoQ10 from an osteopathic physician for a couple years. Fabulous! Expensive. Try a good 100mg sublingual. Sublingual organic germanium is also an immediate lift, and expensive. Try the ProHealth B12 extreme sublingual, very effective. These sublingual dosage forms are nearly as effective as injections, and you don't have to wonder if your digestive problems are wasting the medication. They all act on similar pathways, and are synergistic. If you take them all, lower dosages of each will do more. Good luck.
  4. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

these do work. I take CoQ10 as well as B-12 w/Folic Acid since I was low in the B-12. Makes a big difference with less muscular aches and pains...