CFS and EXERTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntkisty, Mar 24, 2007.

1. auntkisty

auntkisty New Member

I used to love to exercise and now I can't or it will cause a flare up. I have CFS/FMS. Do we ever get to the point that exertion will not cause a flare up? How do you know when to stop the activity if there are no warning signs? I hit several tennis balls to my son on tuesday and have been on the couch ever since with a major flare up. Has anyone ever had success being treated by a physical therapist for CFS/FMS without inducing exertional fatigue? THANK YOU...people like you are keeping me sane :)
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

If I do any exercise or over do in any way I crash..Have tried many times and always end up in bed..Heck, sometimes when I don't do I end up in bed, but don't think the body aches are as bad..

I have CFS and don't think I will ever learn, cause on a good day I want to do, then end up over doing..WIth me I don't think there are warning signs, well maybe there are and I ignore them..There are times when I am getting tired but want to finish what I am doing or continue to go..

Just hate this DD...
  3. jole

jole Member

I don't think there are any warning signs either. Some days I can do a little more than others and get by with it. But on other days just a little extra walking is all it takes to set things off. It's a gamble we take in my opinion.

Wishing you the best~