CFS and radiation treatment for breast cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meg1940, Jun 27, 2008.

1. meg1940

meg1940 New Member

Has anyone had an increase in symptoms after having radiation treatments? My radiation was 6 years ago and I have been worse since those treatments.
  2. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Hi meg1940, hmmmmm. I actually had an improvement in my CFS symptoms with chemotherapy and didn't see any change with the radiation. I did however, get a HUGE increase in what I guess are my fibromyalgia symptoms - pelvic pain, tender points, pain, pain, pain! But then again, I went into menopause, came back out of it and then back in again for good with surgical menopause. I believe that the hormone upheaval played a bigger role in changing my symptoms than the radiation did.

Now, about 4 years out from treatment, my weakness and fatigue are much worse than before. I have carved out a little "half life" and I worry a lot about losing it if the fatigue/weakness gets much worse. diane
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

HI Diane,
    i was interested about your expierence with the menopause thing making the fibro worse. i recently had a total Hysterectomy & have been soooo sick with the fibro! I really think i messed up having the surgery, it's been 4 months now & i am so much worse than before the surgery. i thought it might have made a difference in my pain( lots of female stuff goin on)but so far, just really sick. i was in a small remission & could even work part time,i am supposed to start back to work next week, but i dont see how thats going to be possible. Did you evern get back to what you had before the menopause?? thanks for any Info you can give me.Kat