CFS: Antiviral Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Dec 27, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. just wanted to give you another update...

i had to stop valcyte late nov. due to liver enzyme elevation. around that time, i was experiencing major improvement, going to a '4' on dr. lerner's scale (i had been a '1' when i first went to him).

since that time, i began a steep decline and am now back to square one - a very bad place.

i think valcyte may be more important than i thought.

i am wondering if i should ask dr. lerner to give me valcyte alone and discontinue valtrex. perhaps that would be easier on my liver..?

thanks for reading
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

hang in there, maybe your liver just needs a break then you can hop on again. try some N-acetyl cysteine for your liver, its a supp that helps protect your liver and hospitals use a version for tylanol overdoses to protect the liver.

Crashes are the worst especially after seeing some progress and you think your out of the woods.Try and sleep it off for a few days in bed and try not to feel guilty about being in bed, that way you will rest, oh forgot with a valium sandwich, lol, then who cares. If i had an answer for ya, i wouldnt be here, sorry cant help.

Good luck, hang in there, sleep well and wait it out.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thank you very much for the tip!

all the best