CFS: Anyone take Isoprinosine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. has anyone out there tried isoprinosine? is it safe to take with antivirals?

thank you
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

We must be thinking along the same lines. I have looked into isoprinosine but was going to be hard for me to get then I came across an article from an australian doc who said the supplement inosine was interchangable with isoprinosine.

I used inosine for a few months and it did help for awhile then it stop working. But from what I have read is that it is cycled on and off every 3 months or so. Not a cure but worth a try for some relief. Found my sleep improved as well as recovery from activities and aches and pains. I used it with antivirals with know ill affect.

Dr Cheney is the one who has experience with this. Google isoprinosine and cheney and have a read.
    Good luck, let us know how you go.
  3. simka

simka New Member

I know some people have taken isoprinosine with antivirals without apparent problems (isoprinosine is I think used as an antiviral itself). I asked my Dr (who is familiar with it) and said it was NOT the same as inosine. I think I also read the report about de Meirlier's comment that inosine was the same, and since it was much cheaper, I was very curious.

I think someone at the upcoming IACFS/ME conference is giving a talk or paper about isoprinosine. I am hoping there will be some additional research results to report.

Though I know someone who could not keep taking it (not an uncommon problem for a CFS patient), I also know a couple of people who think they experienced some benefits. These may have been related to increased natural killer cell activity, but it will be interesting to see what the paper says.

4. dtj

dtj New Member

I have taken Isoprinosine thru the Holtorf effect.
  5. waltz

waltz New Member

I looked through some patents that mentioned isoprinosine or the dozen other names they have named it, and also asked a biologist to look through some info. It looks like the drug is a compound that delivers inosine.

"IMUNOVIR is a molecular complex of inosine and the salt N, N-dimethyl-amino-2-propanol (DIP), p-acetoamidobezoate (PAcBA) in a 1:3 molar ratio." (

However, if inosine were indeed found in higher concentrations in brewer's yeast and organ meats, you might have to eat a cup of yeast to get the same amount as a pill. We don't know how much is equivalent.