CFS: Anyone try Atesunate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

Atesunate, an anti-malarial available in Europe, has been shown to be highly effective against CMV and HHV6...anyone tried it for CFS?

Thanks
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2008]
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

K. Loomis says she is not aware of any CFS docs using the drug but some have used artemesinin, an herb from which the med is derived.

sue:)
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

Atesunate, but a lot of people take artemisinin for lyme and/or co-infections. You can read a lot about it over at lymenet.org. I've taken it in the past but didn't notice much difference.

I noticed a difference with amantadine, which is used both as an antiviral and an antiparkinsonian drug. Dr. Holtorf gave it to me awhile ago. I forgot aboout it but will try it again. Thanks for reminding me.

Best wishes!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2008]
  4. kfisher446

kfisher446 New Member

and just prescribed it for me (along with his full protocol). It does come from Hong Kong so I don't have it yet and have yet to start all the stuff. I still need two blood tests done before I start the whole protocol.
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

can you give more info on Cheney's protocol?

I know it will be tailored to your case.. but it would be interesting to see what he's doing these days... for those of us who cannot afford to see him.

Thanks.
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I googled this very casually. I only looked at ONE site, but it said there were questions about neurotoxicity.....

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2008]
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

wow. thanks for telling me.

k. loomis sent me some very intriguing articles about the drug including an article about how one person with severe, resistant CMV infection recovered with the drug.

sue:)