CFS Article in Detroit Free Press

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Aug 9, 2006.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I just had my interview with the Detroit Free Press reporter and it went very well!! She was very sympathic to our cause. She spent the day yesterday researching and was aware of many of our issues. She is sending a photographer over soon to take pictures of me and my family. I'm torn between worrying about whether I will have a good hair day or should I just looking awful and tired!!!

Thank you all for your suggestions, I used them all! The story is scheduled to run in the Sunday September 3 issue of the Twist section of the paper. I hope the editing won't leave out anything important!!

She also asked where I was recieving treatment, so she is going to call the FFC in Troy and talk to them! They should be very happy for the free publicity. Maybe they'll give me discount on my next visit! LOL!!
  2. sascha

sascha Member

how can we get to read this article? will it be accessible online?? if so, could you post how to get to it? thanks, sascha * good for you!
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

As far as the hair goes .We dont have to look dead to show people we are sick.Just look your best.

Sue
  4. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Most of the articles are posted online. The website is freep.com. There is a button on the top of the page for feature section. This article will be in the twist section which can be found under features.

I hope it's a good article!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2006]
  6. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

Would you like us to e-mail this reporter?

Cindy
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for the offer, but she uses her home email because she works at home, so I don't want to give that information out.

I did tell her about this message board though, and she may browse to get more info for her story. She asked me if I had friends or a support group that helped, and I told her that this board has been most helpful. She has already been on this website and knows about the awareness campaign.

If she asks me for more contacts, I;ll ask her if I can give out her email address.

Thanks everyone!!!!!
  8. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

And if you are reading this, Ms. Journalist - thank you so much for giving this some ink!

And well done, Mollystwin, for contacting them with the suggestion in the first place :)

Best,

Roseblossom
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Suzetal, no! We don't want her to look her best; her best looks very good! lol

Seriously, mollystwin, thank you for doing this for all of us. I'll be here a bit west and north of you looking for the newspaper.

Marta
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for your support!!

You guys are great!!