CFS but still have good that usual? And other questions??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I have been diagnosed with both Fibromyalgia and CFS (since 2004). I'm 37 and female. I have to go to an interview/ medical pretty soon which will decide whether I keep my benefit or not (terrified I'll be forced in to work as I know I'm too ill to). I'm pretty anxious about it. Anyhow, my doctor (who knows I believe my illness, if not entirely caused by, is greatly exacerbated by environmental sensitivities) has told me not to elaborate too much on that, perhaps because MCS is not accepted/ well understood by many doctors here in the UK... I don't know how I can avoid talking about it, to be honest! Any ideas?? Anyone ever been for this kind of interview/ medical who can advise me on the above/ what's below...

I know I am likely to be physically examined and I am quite worried about it as, in the past year or so, I have, through diet..and some unpleasant bouts of migraine/nausea, lost a fair amount of weight and my thighs, which were hitherto covered in a layer of fat, now seem quite firm and muscular. This has come as a bit of a shock/ surprise since I am limited as to what I can do physically, sometimes not very much but other times a little more...
    I don't know if this is normal?? I would have expected my muscle to be somewhat wasted (although I have never been entirely bed-bound). I was, before this hit me back in 2004, super fit and wonder if this has anything to do with it. I ran competitively in my teens and was, until 2004, very active but am confused as to how I seem to have retained this muscle so many years on. Is that possible? I am worried that the medical examiner won't believe me! :(

Thanks, Shelbo
    [This Message was Edited on 06/11/2012]