'CFS - Canadians'

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Mar 4, 2006.

  1. Aeronsmom

    Aeronsmom New Member

    I have been looking for a Dr that specaializes in M.E.
    (myalgic encephalomyelitis) I can't go to my GP because she has a very bad attitude lately...kinda like I am bothering her with my illness, so I don't dare ask her for a reference. I would really like to know if I do have this disease. Thanks for any help.
  2. Pianowoman

    Pianowoman New Member

    I have bumped up a post for you. It's called Looking 4 an Ontario Doc. There is information there that might be of help to you.

  3. hope4today

    hope4today New Member

    In Manitoba a variety of specialists see patients with these illnesses. Some aren't taking new patients...the better ones with more experience. My daughter saw a good one last week - an internist who was a good listener and offered some basic ideas and wanted to see her again in 6 weeks.
    Sometimes infectious disease specialists take it on.

    Too bad about your GP...don't burn any bridges though. However,I would start looking for a new one where ever you can get an appointment whenever you have the strength...interview them and go to them a few times. Don't move your patient records for about a year so you will have a fallback to consistant care if things don't work out.

    I would still ask your GP for referral anyway...they are the gatekeepers and by LAW they are required to help you find specialists. If you have trouble doing it- (and it is hard to do when you are feeling awful ) enlist someone to go to the appointment with you...a gutsy friend or neighbour will do!

  4. springrose22

    springrose22 New Member

    I see from looking at your bio that you have CFS. That is the same as M.E. Did you know that? Marie
  5. Rosiebud

    Rosiebud New Member

  6. Shannonsparkles

    Shannonsparkles New Member

    What I did was go online and find an ME/CFS/FM organization in my area, and then contact them and ask them to reccomend a doctor for me. There may even be a specialist in your area. Ask your doctor specifically to refer you to that person.

[ advertisement ]