Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

in 2000, a ontario canada man who had worked for honda for 14 years was fired due to days missed because of chronic fatigue syndrome.

he sued honda and was eventually awarded 1/2 million, money for legal costs, and 15 months' salary.

honda appealed and the award of 1/2 million was cut to $100 000 and the man was awarded 24 months' salary.

honda appealed to the supreme court and the man's award of $100 000 was cut!!!

2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I feel like bawling for that poor man. Fourteen years and this is the way he was treated? I'd love to see him try again, but I'm sure that a huge corporation like Honda has lawyers that can't be beaten. So very sad. And it could be any of us. Well, those who are still trying to work.
  3. Honora88

Honora88 Member

that people are more aware of this illness
  4. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I was fired from a job for absentism before I knew I was legitimately sick. I was written up twice, once for the days I called in sick, and once for failing to come up to speed technically in my job. I blame both on the FM.

I current own a Toyota and will never buy anything built by Honda based on their actions.