CFS commercial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Jan 26, 2007.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

OMG! I never thought id get so excited over a commercial!
    I was walking by the TV feeling like crap, muscle aches, tired, all the usual stuff....and up pops a commercial for CFS! I was soooooooooo excited! I wanted to cheer like it was the superbowl or something.

Maybe im behind the times and you all have seen it already, but this was my first time and i was just ecstatic.

Funny though, my mother was also in the room ....and she didnt even comment to me about it. Maybe she just didnt realize what an acknowledgement and stepping stone that is for us.

:)
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Where do you live and what channel was it on? I haven't seen any CFS commercials yet but have been waiting for them. That is SOOO exciting!!

My grandmother mailed me an article from the newspaper the other day and it was about CFS. I am so glad that people are starting to talk about it.

What will they do when they change the name? I think they should have changed the name before all of this awareness started. Now the public will be aware of CFS but when the name changes they will be like what is that illness.

Baby steps I guess. I suppose we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Just so glad that we are finally getting the word out!!!!

Take Care,
    Pam
  3. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

:)
    I didnt catch the full commercial. It was relatively short i mean i just saw a lady sitting looking real tired and achy just like me! I thought..oh another freaking depression commercial..but then they said Chronic fatigue syndrome! The good thing is they named a couple other symptoms...so people know its not JUST fatigue. That was a plus.

YOU ARE RIGHT. They definitely shoulda changed the name first!
    You know...i THINK it was channel 2. Im in the bay area, ca. If i see it again i will pay attention to the station.

4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am in Virginia but hopefully the commercial was on a major network like CBS or NBC etc. If so I may start seeing them out here too.

Let us know.

THANKS!
    Pam
  5. grace54

grace54 New Member

Yes I saw it too on nbc or cbs and Im in N. michigan, I need to see who sponsors it. The one I saw was impressive and shows a gal at work having to sit down and in pain.I'm waiting for one that shows us on a bad day still in bed by noon or later. It is gaining publicity in part because there are so many more victims now I think.