Cfs comparison Graph

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kcleejackson, Nov 10, 2010.

1. kcleejackson

kcleejackson New Member

Does anyone have the link to the graph that I think Dr Lapp or Dr Cheney did. (I may be wrong on who did it)
    I believe it compares cfs, ms, cancer, and HIV. It is a detailed chart and shows how much less we are able to do, oxygen level etc.
    I cannot remember exact details, it was a while ago I viewed it but if anyone has seen it or something similar my doctor wanted to see it so PLEASE post it. Thanks so much!
  2. mmorrison

mmorrison New Member

I would love to see this also, if someone knows where to find it.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

At first I thought this sounded like a good idea. But then some questions came to mind.

Wouldn't it make a difference what stage you are in with many of these conditions? Someone with end stage cancer would be much worse off than we are. At a different time the circumstances would have been reversed.

So a chart like this would not really give any information.

I know someone with MS and she is much more functional than I am. However, there will come a day when she won't be.

Why would anyone want to say one DD is worse off than another? I can see a chart how our DD effects us, sleep, energy level, compared to "normals", to show the impact CFS/FM has on someone and would provide credibility to this DD. But I don't think the original chart would do that.

Something about people wanting to one up others on which disease is worse does not sit right with me.

But then it could be the pizza I just ate. :>)

I'd like to hear others take on this.