CFS Crash and a Sinus Infection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 1, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been so sick since Tues. A bad sinus infection, can't take antibiotics, and a CFS crash. I feel this is the sickest I have ever been. Been in bed for days, please tell me there is hope. I tried to take a shower and thought I would pass out now so nauseated, well back to bed I go just had to vent as I am really scared.

God Bless,
  2. ktp812

ktp812 New Member

I had a bad crash last week. It started Christmas day and lasted until Monday. It was very scary for me and I felt so horrible. I just laid in bed for days. I couldn't even get up to eat...

It was probably the worse one I have had in the past year.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
  3. misty10

misty10 New Member

Sorry to hear you are so sick, if you can't get any relief I strongly suggest you go to the ER tommorow, please! I wnet twice in Nov. with abdominal cramps and vomiting and you need medical attention now hun. Although they didn't understand my fibro, they did give me relief until I got in touch with my Rhuemitologist. Please let me know how you are. I understand!!

4. sascha

sascha Member

i sympathize and empathize (been there)

i've had cfids 10 years, cycling through endless symptoms. had to keep to my bed many periods of time.

i want to say there is hope--never give up hope-- i keep going toward hope and treatment. lately i am using EFT (, an excellent tool. i recommend everyone check it out. works with body's energy system, the meridians, using acupressure points we tap on. sounds bizarre at first. but there's enormous release when i use this approach and my energy improves and bad symptoms lessen.

i felt so much better Sunday i went out and participated in FOUR activities, whereas usually i'd tentatively try for one and not be surprised if i couldn't manage that.

with me there was a fear of the coming crash- dread of committing to any plan with anyone- plus the crash itself- what i want to say is EFT IS mitigating symptoms, pulling back pains when they come on- it is an amazing tool we can keep in our arsenal. i know some amazing successes from people in deep trouble with health who started doing EFT type approaches.

i think there are things we can find that provide help. i'm doing oil-pulling, too, and like it a lot. inf on it says it's useful for sinus infections. myi sinus problems are gone.

anyway, never give up the fight. check out EFT. you don't even have to believe in it for it to be effective!! i've read about that, and seen it demonstrated in videos on skeptical people. it was a miraculous help for Vietnam vets suffering from extreme PTSD. i saw videos of treatment sessions with them using EFT, then follow-up interviews. they couldn't believe how it helped. the EFT gets energies flowing right; removes blockages that may have been there from early childhood. I'VE EXPERIENCED THIS (AM experiencing it) and this is why i so highly recommend EFT.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! Sascha
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

If you can, try to steam your sinuses. And if you have some garlic in the house, put that in the boiling water, it will get into your sinuses and should help. Even onion is antibacterial.

I went to the doctor yesterday for the sinus infection. She put me on Azithromycin and I seem to be tolerating it so far. It is starting to bug my stomach, but I took acidophilus. It's too soon to tell if the antibiotic is really working yet. I still have gooy post nasal drip.

Really, if you get that bad, definitely call the ER. But try to steam first, see if it helps.

Lots of hugs.
  6. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Ive had a never ending sinus infection and I still have fatigue beyond recognition this what this thread is about? because if so wow I am RIGHT there in the middle and cant shake this!

what do we do? Ive read online through fibro articles that this is part of the symptoms!
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

I hope you are feeling better by now. I haven't answered because just haven't felt up to it.

I am not as achy but still the sinus , off balance , ear problems, fatigue etc. I have been in bed a week. Some slight improvement but not much.

Thank you for your reply .. I do wish there was something that could help us.

God Bless,
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for your input. I don't fee I could make it to ER plus you don't know our hospital here, its the pits. They would do nothing for me. I have CFS and no doctor. That is what I have to do when I feel up to it is find a new doc. Oh, hate starting over.

God Bless,
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Have heard about the EFT but never tried it. So glad it has helped you, will give it a try what do I have to lose.
  10. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have tried steam, neti-pot, eating garlic, all the home remedies. I do know I need an antibiotic so emailed a friend of mine who is a pharmcist to ask her input on what I might be able to take. I don't think I am bad enough for ER yet.. Lord hope not as ours is the pits. If you call they will not let you speak with a nurse or help in anyway except to tell you to come in and wait.

I am glad the medicine is helping you and Thanks for your relpy,
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sorry you are in the middle of this mess.. I seem to keep this darn sinus infection ever since the CFS so maybe its just part of it. Would love some answers..Wish I could be of help to you.

God Bless,
  12. greatgran

greatgran Member

I think if I could ever get this darn sinus infection cleared up and keep taking the grapeseed then hopefully it would help but I know the grapeseed does some good but just hasn't helped with the sinus or whatever I have.

Thanks so much for all your replies.

God Bless,
  13. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

My doctor was telling me tonight that they don't use antibiotics that often anymore for sinus infections because most of the time they don't work. She is trying me on Diflucan as Dr.Teitlebaum claims that it is his experience that people with CFS actually have a fungal problem with their sinuses rather than a bacterial problem. He writes that he has great success treating sinus infections with antifungal meds. My doctor hadn't heard of it before but was willing to give it a try as she can't think of anything that she can do for me.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm skeptical myself, however, if I don't try I will never know and will always wonder in the back of my mind if I should have tried it.