CFS Disability/ How do you know it's TIME? More ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Mar 2, 2007.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I feel like I've been fighting the good fight- trying to stay employed, but I have had EBV 3x in the last year, and I'm afraid I'm killing myself trying to keep working.

But, I'm also afraid to stop. That's the thing. I'm just so scared and confused. I think my disability would only be $1200/ month. A paltry sum compared to my current wages.

Do you get some type of medical benefits with SSDI?? I am currently the one with the health insurance, too.

Can you earn any $$ with part time work???

Some horrible things have just happened at work the last few days, and maybe it's a sign from God. I have been asking for soome guidance. I need some answers, and your prayers.

Thanks,
    Bunny
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

first do you have any temporary disability available?

second go for it i have read that the process has been shorten so you may not need to wait nearly as long as i had to do...

plus the older you are it goes in your favor..

good luck

disabilitysecrets.com read it..

jodie
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

has temp disability. We have money saved, so that's okay.

Hope things have been better for you & your son these days.

I am alternating between crying and lashing out in anger. My hair is falling out. I hate what I have become, I'm not even sure WHO this is any more.

Thanks for the tip.
  4. brensjoy

brensjoy New Member

I went on short term disability first. i was on it for 9 months then i applied for ssdi and received it in 6 months without a lawyer. I know i was blessed cuz it takes most people longer. I am not sure about part time work, I qualified for medicare and so would u i think but i dont know if it would cover anyone else in your family. Blessings!
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

To answer a few of your?

Yes you do get Medicare its 94.00 a month and than you need to pick a script plan for part D any were from 84.00 to 197.00 a month the higher one gives you less co pays for emergency room and hospital stays.But this is not family coverage.They can not be on your plan.

You can earn a part time income last I heard was 800.00 a month.Not sure if its that now it keeps changing.

And remember it took some of us a few years to win our claim.For me it was 2 years than I got a bench approval.

I only get 704.00 a month than have to take away my Med part D and Medicare.Thank goodness my DH helps pay most of our bills or I would be living in the streets.

Good luck I hope I was some help.
    Sue
  6. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I have LTD with my company that pays for 2 yrs for CFS!!!

I am going to try for that. :)
  7. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Only $704/month and then they deduct for medicare? How could anyone survive on that? Maybe if you are not the breadwinner in the family? but if you are single ... oh my. You can't even pay rent on that, let alone pay other bills, etc. That is just horrible!!!
  8. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Usually the sooner the better to apply for ssdi. My wait was 2 & 1/2 yrs with a lawyer. You will get some medical coverage ie medicare. You can sign up for an additional plan under medicare for more coverage but you will most likely be limiting yourself to instate docs. I just have medicare so I can go to docs that accept medicare in any state. Some plans may give you this option but the majority are limited. I do fine with just the medicare. If you have disability thru your work you may want to look into it.
    ruby
  9. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Usually the sooner the better to apply for ssdi. My wait was 2 & 1/2 yrs with a lawyer. You will get some medical coverage ie medicare. You can sign up for an additional plan under medicare for more coverage but you will most likely be limiting yourself to instate docs. I just have medicare so I can go to docs that accept medicare in any state. Some plans may give you this option but the majority are limited. I do fine with just the medicare. If you have disability thru your work you may want to look into it.
    ruby
  10. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I have both STD and LTD benefits with my job that i am eligible for, and so I am speaking with an attorney on Monday to get the lowdown on what it will entail to get this money, and what the ramifications would be if I were to ever seek employment in the future, etc.

My wages were very high, and so they are not going to want to give up that $$ very easily, I have only been employed by this company for just over 1 year.

However, I was not dx'd with CFS until AFTER I started with them, so that should all be fine. It was only FMS before. Anyway, I'm sure the lawyer will have some good insite. I'll let you know what he says.

Thanks for the tip on looking into the STD! I had not even thought about it!!

Bunny