CFS doc in Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Aug 20, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Does anyone have a good doc who has treated them for CFS in the metro Atlanta area? I checked the dr. referral tab at the top and it only listed a few, none of them near me.

I have had no luck in finding a doc who will even believe in this disease, much less treat it. my internist did do an ekg which was "normal" just like ALL my tests.

Thanks,
    meow
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

A lot of people are beginning to get well after going to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center in Marietta.

Most doctors don't test for viruses and Lyme. A lot of your symptoms sound like the same symptoms I have had over the last 30 years.

I've read that Lyme Disease mimics many other illnesses like FM/CFS, MS, Lupus and others.

For years I had problems with TMJ, IBS, headaches (in the back of my neck), very sore and stiff muscles, tiredness, Mitral Valve Prolapse, brain fog (all of which sounds like FM.)

What I found out at the FFC was my hormones were all off, my natural killer cell count was low, I had hypercoagulation, plus 4 viruses: Lyme, Epstein-Barr (like mono which explains the tiredness), CMV and Chlamydia Pneumonia.

That sure is enough to make a person sick. So, I'm on a protocol to first deal with the Lyme and then the other 3 viruses.

If I hadn't gone to the Center, I would've never found out what was wrong. For 6 years I went to a pain doctor and all she did was give me an antidepressant (for pain), Ultracet, and some sleep medicine. She is a good doctor but for some reason, viruses aren't check. I also asked her if I could possibly have Candida yeast and she said no and I found out later that I do, in fact, have it.

I've gone to doctors for TMJ, IBS (had 2 scopes done), mitral valve prolapse, sinuses, allergies and I can't even remember the rest.

I would second mortgage my house if I had to to go to the Center. Thankfully my insurance has paid 80% of the blood work and a little of the office visits.

Hope this help,

Sandy
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I also go to the FFC and I second everything Sandy has said! I can tell a huge difference. I feel like I have gotten my life back again! Lynn
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Meowchowchow Where in Atlanta do you live. The center is in East Cobb. I am fortunate to live close by! Take Care! Lynn