CFS doctor in Alberta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanie19595, May 15, 2006.

  1. joanie19595

    joanie19595 Member

    I am wondering if anyone can refer me to a specialist in Alberta. I am in Newfoundland but travelling to Alt. this year and would be great to see someone who understands my illness. Thank you very kindly . Joan
  2. Jane_Canuck

    Jane_Canuck New Member

    GL finding one.

    I was born and raised in AB and it took me leaving and going to BC before ANY doc would listen to me.

    I lived all over AB, and have seen so many docs and no one would help. All of them said lose weight and get a man.

    IF there is a good doc in AB I would love to see who.

    Unless you are in a wheel chair or taken in to the hospital on a gurney they do not take you seriously that something is wrong.

    I am 33 now with such horrid arthritis in my neck and hips that I Was told it should have been found over 10 years ago as I have had it for at least 20. Guess what,.... while living in AB nothing was ever found!

    Hope someone else has a better opinion of medical help in AB> I will watch the post incase I ever have to move back.

    GL Brenda
  3. joanie19595

    joanie19595 Member

    Even if there was a doc. who specializes in CFS in B.C. , I would go there. Thanks for any replys. Desperate!
  4. Shannonsparkles

    Shannonsparkles New Member

    Here are some names given to me by the Calgary CFS/FM association:

    for a GP: Scott Holder
    Haven't met him, but I'm pretty sure he's currently accepting patients. He's in Calgary in the SW.

    for a specialist: Beverly Thompkins, CFS specialist
    Bev seems good. I've seen her a couple of times. She knows it's real. She got me my wheelchair and handicapped parking pass on the first visit. I don't know yet how good she is at treating it. Unfortunately, her wait list is 1 1/2 to 2 years!

    For any other docs, try googling the Calgary or Alberta FM/CFS/ME society. Then call them up and ask for doctors' names. Actually... I think what I did was find the Canada National ME society by googling, and then they had the names of the provincial groups on the website.
    (((hope this helps)))
  5. KerryK

    KerryK Member

    There is also a Dr. Karen Stein, I believe, who specializes in treating CFS and FM. I believe she suffers one of the syndromes as well. In Calgary.

[ advertisement ]