CFS Doctor in NYC Metro Area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spbm, May 18, 2006.

1. spbm

spbm New Member

I've recently been diagnosed with CFS and am looking for a good doctor in the New York City metropolitan area or even in nearby states. I wouldn't mind travelling a couple of hours if I could find someone good. My symptoms are more immunological and flu-like than painful (no FM). I'm currently seeing Dr. Levine, but am not terribly impressed. I'm considering a couple of others that I've read about, including Dr. Enlander in NYC and Dr. Natelson and Dr. Podell in NJ. Please let me know if you've had any good or bad experiences with any of these or if you could recommend someone else.
    Thanks.
  2. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

i'm from nyc and have not found anyone who treats this as a specialty b/c there is very little treatment available for it. Your best bets are going to a rheumatologist, neurologist, physiatrist or even a psychiatrist. Check at the Hospital for Joint Diseases - I think they run a fibro clinic that focuses on symptom treatment and they have qigong classes there too.
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I travel 7 hours to see Dr. Enlander. I too have also been a patient of Dr. Levine. Although there is no cure all for this illness, both physicians are definitely up to speed with CFS.

Where I'm coming from, we are very, very limited trying to get any sort of health care for CFS.

Dr. Enlander is currently working with Dr. Kerr in London on the genetics of CFS. My daughter and I are part of this study. Perhaps they are on the right path.....seems the CDC is also finally picking up on this only they says their research is broader.......I have to wonder.

Anyway, best wishes and consider yourself very fortunate to at least live relatively close to physicians who have a clue about CFS.
  4. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

All,

I would like to recommend Dr. Yurkovsky. Dr. Yurkovsky has developed a treatment called Field Control Therapy (FCT®). He is located in Chappaqua, NY (somewhere north of New York City).

The following is from another website:
    FCT® is the result of years of research by Savely Yurkovsky, M.D. He developed it because of his frustration with conventional medicine. He found that modern medicine is able to control the symptoms of most health problems, but not reverse them. Over time, most patients seeing conventional doctors develop more medical problems requiring more and more pills often with side effects. He wanted to find a way to restore health so that over time they would have fewer medical problems and need less or no medications.

He first tried herbs and vitamins, but the results were inconsistent. He studied other sciences, including Nobel prize winning physics, toxicology, and alternative medicine to look for answers. He discovered international research linking toxins, especially mercury, to medical problems. He tested his own patients and found that nearly 100% of them were toxic with mercury and other poisons. When he gave treatments that removed mercury, their medical problems gradually reversed. He found the same results in virtually all medical problems whether it was hypertension, diabetes, fatigue, arthritis, or fibromyalgia. He concluded that mercury and other toxins were the root cause of most disease.

Dr. Yurkovsky found that vitamins, herbs, and chelation were inconsistent because they were not powerful enough to remove all of the toxins from the body. Using knowledge from physics, he developed a more powerful form of homeopathy to remove toxins.

Homeopathy is a 200-year-old system that uses energy signals to communicate with the organs in the body. No physical substances or chemicals are used at all. Homeopathy is not popular in the U.S., but it is used by hundreds of thousands of doctors around the world. Keep in mind that the homeopathy used in FCT® is far more advanced than that used by other homeopaths.

As an analogy, think of the body as a tree. If the soil is poisoned, then the leaves will turn brown. A conventional doctor would prescribe medication from pharmaceutical companies to try to make the leaves turn green. However, once the medication is stopped, the leaves turn brown again. In FCT, a practitioner would clean the soil and the leaves turn green by themselves.

Many patients around the world, including medical doctors, seek Dr. Yurkovsky’s care as a “last resort” because he has been able to help most people who could not be helped by conventional or alternative medical care.
    End of article.

I see a doctor in Georgia who trained under Dr. Yurkovsky and he said Dr. Yurkovsky is great. Do a google search for Dr. Savely Yurkovsky and then click on his website. His phone number is at the bottom of the pages.

My doctors website is drdaveou dot com which explains Field Control Therapy (FCT) a little better. It also lists everything that can be treated with FCT.

You would need to follow a candida yeast diet (no sugar).

I definitely think it would be worthwhile if you could go.

I have a post titled Field Control Therapy if you want to read it. I give an update from each treatment.

Good luck and please give this some serious thought,
    Auntyem[This Message was Edited on 05/19/2006]
  5. lea

lea Member

Do you recall what type of treatments Dr. Levine recommended that are not covered by insurance but should help?

thank you
    best,
    lea
  6. mermsie

mermsie New Member

I am a long-time patient of Dr. Enlander. I have found him to be compassionate and highly knowldegable about CFS. He spends a lenghtly amount of time with each patient and is willing to try new treatments. He even went to my Social Security Disability hearing with me and testified on my behalf ( which was an appeal and after his testimony the judge asked Dr. Enlander to autograph his copy of Dr. Enlander's book!!!!!!) I think that says it all as to his level of commitment to his patients. His treatments are effective and he is involved in clinical trials. His staff is knowledgable and always ready to help. I would highly recommend him!
  7. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Do a google search for Dr.Benjamim Natelson.

He is one of the top doctors in the country on fm/cfs.

I go to him and LOVE him. He listens, is wayyyy educated
    and fun to go to!! I will see him this tuesday.

Newark,NJ

Dr. Natelson is a professor of neurosciences at University of Medicine and Dentistry, ... Aside from his excellent medical credentials

Facing and Fighting Fatigue : A Practical Approach **his book.

Benjamin Natelson the Director of the NJ CFS/FM Center and
    Principal Investigator for the national CFS /FM Center

grant from the National Institute of Immunology and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) that funds the Center's Research Branch.
    Dr. Natelson is a Professor of Neurosciences at the New Jersey Medical School. He was trained in medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and then in neurology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, NY.

After that he did post-doctoral training in Behavioral Neurosciences at New York Hospital in White Plains NY and in physiological psychology at Walter Reed Institute of Research.

Dr. Natelson has received continual funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs since 1974 for his work on stress and disease.

Dr. Natelson has published two books; Facing and Fighting Fatigue and Tomorrow's Doctors.

8. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Please keep in mind that everyone responds to treatment differently.

I saw Dr. Enlander in NYC, as others have mentioned. I did not respond to his protocol and he was not receptive to other suggestions (i.e. anti-virals, mycoplasma treatment, etc) He was locked into his protocol -- PERIOD.

Which is great if your body responds to it.

I was not happy with him at all.

Sorry I don't know of any other doctors in NYC.

scapper
  9. mimi932446

mimi932446 Guest

I live in Florida and have been a patient of Dr. Derek Enlander in NYC for several years. I inject a compounded medication prescribed by him once a week and it has brought me from the wheelchair, almost bedridden, to being able to play with my grandchildren, getting out to shop once or twice a week, and changing my whole quality of life as it was. He had me on a Kutapressin compounded formula and when we couldn't get that, he started me on Hepapressin compounded formula. These formulas include glutathione, magnesium, B12, folic acid, etc..which has been used successfully by some FMS & CFS patients. He is now starting me on the Nexavir formula which has replaced the Kutapressin. Good Luck!
  10. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

For all of you who have been seen by the good Dr. Enlander, sadly his wife passed away unexpectedly.
  11. ulala

ulala New Member

medication that Dr. Enlander had you on that got you up and out? Are you still on it?

I'm glad that you were able to find a doctor who could do so much for you!

Thanks!

[ advertisement ]