CFS does not exist in the real world..apparently

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by xanderlee, Sep 24, 2002.

1. xanderlee

xanderlee New Member

I have been diagnosed for all of 4 weeks and have mentioned how once it was established as not being MS, all help and support disappeared. I have now also lost my part time job as a care assistant, despite being told my job was there for me to return to when ever...because some of the other staff have had to work my shifts (all 6 hours of them) and have decided I am making it up to get out of working. This was a job I did as well as my full time work, because I ENJOYED it..why should I try to get out of something I liked? Also it was my boss who originally took me into hospital when my legs became paralysed...Go Figure? I nearly went back to being down, but then did the housework instead...and have now really done myself in..damned if I am going to become a victim cus other people say I should be, or I am faking it! Sorry...letting off steam
  2. xanderlee

xanderlee New Member

I have been diagnosed for all of 4 weeks and have mentioned how once it was established as not being MS, all help and support disappeared. I have now also lost my part time job as a care assistant, despite being told my job was there for me to return to when ever...because some of the other staff have had to work my shifts (all 6 hours of them) and have decided I am making it up to get out of working. This was a job I did as well as my full time work, because I ENJOYED it..why should I try to get out of something I liked? Also it was my boss who originally took me into hospital when my legs became paralysed...Go Figure? I nearly went back to being down, but then did the housework instead...and have now really done myself in..damned if I am going to become a victim cus other people say I should be, or I am faking it! Sorry...letting off steam
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I was fortunate, in that one of my manager's wives is on disability for CFS/FM. So, he knew all about it and recognized the symptoms in me. He works in a different office that where I was, but I did go there to help out several times a week. My supervisor and immediate manager had never heard of either dx. They called him and got all the details. So it was easier for me, as they believed me and didn't think I was just trying to take a three month vacation when I went out of FLMA. You just need to find a doctor that knows something about CFS. They are out there.
    Good luck to you. Don't let the others get you down. They have no idea what we go thru.

Hugs,

Regina
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

you have to get used to.
    i have found it the most difficult thing.
    it's bad enough to be in pain,weakness,exhaustion,lack of 'real' sleep,without someone telling you that what you have is 'psychological',or,'isn't real'.
    they used to say MS was 'psychological', years ago aand all ME sufferers were told they weren't really ill and all they had was,'yuppie flu'!! but ME has also been proved to have a biological cause.
    just waiting for medical science to come up with a biological cause for CFS/FMS...then i will go to my doctors and say...'i told you i was ill'........

sybilxxx
  5. diggity

diggity New Member

I'm still kind of new to all of this and I'm having trouble figuring out what all of the initials stand for. Can you please tell what ME is? Thanks