CFS/Fibro in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cats2595, Apr 30, 2006.

1. cats2595

cats2595 New Member

Just wondering if anyone with CFS/fibro has found a good doctor or doctors in NC and what their treatment has been.

My PCP is great, I've been to neurologists also but just always looking for more help with mainly fatigue, muscle weakness and muscle pain. I can handle the pain if I had more stamina.

Thanks,

Cat
  2. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

I live on the coast of nc....I too would like to know of a good doc.
  3. tomcollins

tomcollins New Member

I am going to a 2nd neuro on Friday and I have and appt. with a 4th PCP at the end of the month. I'm still looking to find the right doctors.

I also live near the NC Zoo and I have a pretty good rheumy but she is very hard to see-I am lucky to get and appt. once every six months!!

I am going to a neuro because been having lots of symptoms associated with MS-they dissapeared for awhile but now they back and far worse.

I'd love to know if anyone has found ANY great docs in NC.
  4. SBelk

SBelk New Member

I am also in search of a good doctor that deals with Fibromyalgia. I have had it for several years now and it seems to be getting worse. My Internal Meds doctor doesn't seem to be helping me too much.

He's a good doctor, won't give you something just for what ever. And anything I seem to try seems to need an increase later.

So, why waste money on meds that are temporary relievers. I need results. I am trying to find info regarding what foods to eat. That seems to be the answer.

I agree with many people on this webiste, that we are on under attack from chemicals in our foods.

I believe detoxing your body would be a good start, due to all the chemicals in us. I will be starting that this Thursday with a Fulvic Acid actually it's called Fulvic Mineral Complex.

I found a lady who has had this Fibro for many years and she started detoxing her body with this and now she has recovered 80% better.

I'll find out soon if this actually works. I'll be sure to let you all know.

I live in Monroe, NC.

And if someone does find a doctor that actually understands this Fibromyalgia, and knows how to give actual results, by all means please let us know.

Thanks!

[This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]