CFS & Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yuppie, Sep 26, 2003.

1. yuppie

yuppie New Member

Hi All,

Does everyone that has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome get Fibromyalgia, i have being treated my regular family Doctor and he hasn't mentioned any of this to me. I have been reading these broads the last days and I am a bit confussed.

Thanks,

Yup
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have had FM for over twenty years, and I do not have CFS.

We Fibromites do have some of the symptoms of CFS, like the Fatigue, but it does not last but a few days for me as opposed to the long stretches that CFS suffers have.

Many people do have both, but its not a follower up to FM as far as I know. If it was I would be the odd case!

I would not worry about this unless you have the symptoms of CFS. But like I said I do get some of them now and then.

There are medical professionals that 'think' both are the same sickness, but believe me that is not true, they are quite different.

Hope this helped.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

WHEN YOU FEEL CONFUSED...... I AGREE WITH WHAT SHIRL SAID... BUT I'LL PUT IT IN MY OWN WORDS..... SOME PEOPLE HAVE ONE , THE OTHER , OR BOTH ..... JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE ONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL GET THE OTHER. FMS , CFIDS , & OTHER DD'S. ARE RELATED , BUT NOT NECESSARILY THE SAME. THE ONLY CONSTANT IS THAT THERE ARE FAR MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS .... & IT DOES NO GOOD TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT MAY BE.... JUST FIGHT YOUR KNOWN CHALLENGES AS BEST YOU CAN & COME TO THIS SITE FOR ANSWERS & SUPPORT....( I READ WHAT I WROTE & HOPE IT DIDN'T CONFUSE YOU AS MUCH AS I DID MYSELF..LOL..) TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  4. yuppie

yuppie New Member

Bill,

Thanks a lot for you rreply to my post, this stuff is so confussing. Ilook forward to having lots of questions answered here, where you truly can get an honest answer.

Thanks,

Yup
  5. yuppie

yuppie New Member

Hi Sherl,

I would also like to take the time and thank you for writing back to me and clearing up my confussion.

Thanks,

yup