cfs/fm and sleep- temperpedic style memory foam mattress -good price

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Feb 12, 2010.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

hi all

as we all know sleep is so important for our health-

just wanted to pass along a tip

the temperpedic mattresses look awesome but they are very very pricey-

mattress stores sell other brands of memory foam mattresses but they are still pretty expensive.

the most affordable (queen size)ones i have seen are at
    -sams club $399
    -qvc around $600-$700-$800
    -ikea $250 - $1000

i just got the qvc one for $629. tonight will be first night sleeping on it. it looks and feels awesome so far- but i will post back in a day or so and tell you how it is.

sweet dreams
    bigmama2
  2. onset1990

onset1990 Member

I bought one with a cool foam on top of the memory foam, which I heard could get too hot. I wouldn't like that. I love my foam mattress. Just an FYI though, they do start to conform to your body shape over time. You make an impression on it and that can't be helped, on any of them. Supposedly, turning the mattress around helps but it's way too heavy for us to turn our Cal King around. It weighs a ton. It can't be flipped over, the bottom is the bottom, not another top.

I have so much less pressure pain on this mattress! I also like it that my husband getting out of bed doesn't wake me (shake me)
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

glad you like yours!

to be honest- i am not sure i like mine. it feels too warm. maybe i will get used to it. but i am in florida and too warm is not a good thing. we'll see...

bm2
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

well- it is too warm for me. not gonna work out. other than that it is a nice mattress- but its not the right one for me living in this warm cllimate.

bigmama2
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

for warmer weather possibly try a topper on the memory foam mattress.
    I have the 5 inch feather gusset topper and it is cooler in warmer months.
    I think QVC may still have this feather topper.

Wondeirng if the QVC Return policy has ended for your mattress.

Good for you to post back here of your experience with warmer weather and the Memory foam mattress. Hope you find a solution, just thought i'd pass on a suggestion.