CFS/FM Flareups and the Periods

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by irinat, Apr 5, 2007.

1. irinat

irinat New Member

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has noticed a significant flareup in symptoms in the second half of the cycle (after the ovulation), getting closer to the beginning of the period. My doctor says it has something to do with the hormones surge (as if I don't know that) but cannot give me any other information. Anybody out there? Last month, I ended up in bed with terrible body aches and weakness for a week (!) because of that and really don't want to repeat this wonderful experience this time. Would appreciate any ideas or info. Irina
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

I tend to be like this also. It took me quite awhile to figure it out though and I would stress over the increased pain and of course make it worse. This tends to be the time I get the really bad headaches, increased body wide pain,really moody and depressed, my anxiety goes through the roof. Funny thing is prior to fibro, I had practically no pms symptoms. When these times hit, I stop and think ok, this is why this is happening, nothing to stress over and I know this too shall pass! I take extra care of me during this time also.

God Bless
  3. Didoe

Didoe New Member

I am post menopausal and had partial hysterectomy at 49, but still 'surging.' How this is possible I do not know and doctors mumble stupidities or have no answers.

It can get so bad, depends on outside stress, the resulting physical chills, fatigue etc combined with FM is devastating.
  4. amytx5

amytx5 New Member

Weakness, exhaustion and achiness..all wrapped up at the exact time of ovualtion and immediately following for 2 weeks. I also tend to follow a change of seasons pattern too. Especially from warm to cold.
    Amy~
  5. kimberly236

kimberly236 New Member

My CFS gets so much worse the week before my period. The fatigue, "sick feeling", and fevers are almost unbearable. It has happened too many months to be a coincidence.
    I wonder if there are any meds or supplements to even out those hormones?
  6. mezombie

mezombie Member

Yep, I'm in the middle of one right now. Started just before my period. Abrupt weather changes like the ones we've been having don't help.
  7. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

yes, I've always had ic and now cfs flareups right when my pms started
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

ya! during ovulation, 1wk b4 period m during. More everything, dizziness, anxiety/irritability, weakness/pain, etc!
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

I made the connection many yrs ago.

I have a major flare up of FM right at ovulation,..and for a week or so.
    I'm miserable!!
    and by the time it eases up,...its almost time to start it all over again!!
    lol

ya can't win being a woman :)

hugs
    Tandy