CFS,FM,MPS....WHY WOULD A DOC SEPERATE MPS AND FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by b~kay~b, Nov 19, 2006.

1. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

okay my lights on but nobodys home, i think. i sat there and realized, duh, that the doc put down the mps as a seperate diagnosis from fm why? it is a symptom right? it was like dianosis deppression myofasidal paindisorder and fibromyalgia. and then put down the skin irritation thing i started with eczemaa with this also not to be too personal but yeast infections on my body so she put that down as a diagnosis too,i forgot the words used but isnt that crazy? or am i just not thinking straight? theses are all symptons oh and also i forgot the restless leg syndrom and tremors i forgot how to spell it kin...thingy was down seperate, if tats the case put a big word for each symptom, i dunno. i guess im in the fog right now lol
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Fibromyalgia Syndrome(FMS) and Myofascial Pain Syndrome MPS are two different syndromes/diagnoses.

I don't know if that helps any or not,

Karen :)
  3. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

i appreciate that karen and yes it does much appreciated.
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ALIKE IN MANY WAYS I ALSO HAVE BOTH AND IT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO EXERCISE.CMP USUALLY STARTS OUT WITH AN INJURY AND REPETITIVE MOTION IVE HAD CMP FOR A VERY LONG TIME THEN ABOUT 3 YRS AGO FIBRO KICKED IN. MPS IS NOW CALLED CMP IT IS NO LONGER A SYNDROME LIKE FIBRO IT IS CONCIDERED A DISEASE I HOPE THIS HELPS CLEAR A FEW THINGS UP. THERE ARE BOOKS ON HAVING BOTH OR YOU CAN SEARCH THE WEB. GOOD LUCK CHARLENE
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2006]
  5. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

The important thing is that the different conditions have different causes and different treatment plans must be created.
  6. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

I really appreciate everyone for all the input I get better educated up here than from the docs she acted like it was no big deal just a bigt word for some muscle aches her words i will go look for it sepereate rather than looking at it under the fm info i had file for social security not to be lame but right now i cant wash up without having making changes and getting out of a chair is so hard now i still cant get over that i actually wont sit on my couch it hurts because of the material but also usually the middle is the only availabel ara open lol wrap around style so i cant get up the chairs at the doc offices i will pick the ones with the arms so i can push up and my arms will give out so i plop too lol but i was usually in physical work and i cant do that but right now i have to figure out how to get a handle on this ive been dealing for a short time with real bad symptoms for a year ive had crazy symptoms for years but one day it struck me like lightening and took me out bedridden for two months really one month i had to be helped the whole time to get to the bathroom carried wise and the second i could sit up slowly through the pain sit on the edge and someone would lift me and i used the walls and they held my arm after that i couldtn stand on my own without support for a month i think since then i just make myself go so now i am mobile with a cane if it comes down to it and i have to drive,i shouldnt drive i stopped but sometimes i have to, i cant turn my head so i pray real hard and go my brother in law a sherrif said he would pull me over to do a test on the road good thing where i drive at the path not alot of homes kinda in the country area. he did do a dui on me in the house on my medication this is when i was on gabapentin and i failed bad. real bad.well i am rambling i just meant to say thanx you guys much love bkay dont worry i am not on the road in your area really small area where i am lol the worst id do is put myself in aa ditch