CFS/FM pain medication ideas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wanderingbluedragon, Nov 28, 2006.

1. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

As I've stated before in my posts, my Dr. will not treat my pain with pain meds. I am leary of taking them, but I cannot stand this pain (muscle pain, joint pain, tendon pain, sometimes shooting pains) I am taking everything she wants me to but it is not working. My concoction recipe: 60mg cymbalta a day, 200mg provigil once a day, rozerem at night for sleep, topomax once a day, 800mg ibuprofen every 6 hours, daily vitamin and a b-complex vitamin. Please help me with some ideas. Pain is my worst symptom with fatigue coming in a fast second. What works for you?
  2. mellaart1011

mellaart1011 New Member

I'm sorry for what your going through

all I can tell you is what has worked for me

I always talk about acupuncture, it's been so amazing for me,
    I rarely have pain anymore, and my chronic fatigue has left along time ago, if your pain goes, then you can sleep properly for the most part

hot baths with epson salts for at least half and hour
    drink lots of water while your in the bath
    I can't stress enough how important breathing is to get the proper oxygen to your muscles so they can feel better, learn and practice breathing, make it a priority, breathing well, sleeping well and eating well sounds so simple, but it's not easy to learn things all over again and get good habits going,
    try Valarian at night for sleeping, helps with pain, it is very relaxing, get it in the health food store, give it a try and never stop trying new things, cause when you find something that really works, it changes your life!!!

hope something helps

cheers

3. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

I know that if I don't take my magnesium/malic acid/calcium that I am in much more pain. It doesn't necessarily take all of my pain away, but it helps alot and it is natural. You might want to give it a try. I know most general vitamins don't have as much as we with FM need. I am using the protocol from Dr. Murphy's FM/CFS book for the amount of magnesium.

I take between 500 and 800 mg of magnesium per day. I take one Calcium Magnesium combination with 1000 mg of Calcium and 500 mg of Magnesium at breakfast (I use the "Now" brand). The calcium is supposed to help the magnesium be absorbed and work better. I then later in the day take 2 Magnesiums with Malic Acid (I use the "Source Naturals" brand with a total of 280 Magnesium and 160 mcg. of Malic Acid for 2 tablets)

I don't know if it will work for you, but it may be worth a try.

4. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

Thank you for your suggestions, I will try it. I actually all ready take trammadol for pain, sorry knew i was forgetting something, too many meds...it makes me feel hung over for at least 24 hours and sometimes makes me sick to my stomach. I haven't found that it does much for the pain either. I think I will try the magnesium, epsom salts as well.

Tnanks again.

Blue
  5. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

My suggestion is trying a pain doctor ,i go to a pain dr,i take lyrica75mg twice a day,if ineed i can takehydrone/apap as needed
    Bernadette