CFS/FM/ Why The Sinus/Ear/ Head Issues?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Mar 25, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Would someone please explain to me when you have CFS/FM along comes Sinus/Ear and head problems such as anxiety, off balance, blurry vision, ears ringing 24/7. Gosh if I could get my head in balance I think I could tolerate the fatigue/aches etc.

The ENT keeps saying sinus infection but does a sinus infection come and go from one day to the next. I truly think it is all CFS/FM related.

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi GG - I totally understand your frustration. I've had to deal with ongoing sinus infections for the past 19 years. Sometimes they are viral, and other times they are bacterial. I can have three or four infections in a year for several years, and then I can go for several years where I don't get any until the cycle starts over again.

I have always maintained that if I could find the cause of my frequent sinus infections, that I would also be discovering the cause of my CFS. I truly believe that the two are related.

I am seeing a new doctor tonight and plan on picking his brains on this issue. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life fighting sinus infections. Mine never last for a week or two; more like a couple of months.

Take care.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Please pick your doctor and see if you can get an answer cause I would love any answer. My infections also last for months. This one I have now has been since Oct. I will think one day I am getting better then in a day or two its all back.

I too think if I could cure my sinus / ears I would have an answer to my CFS. Seem the past 3 years have been the pits for me.

Let me know how you doctor visit goes and thanks so much for your reply.

God bless,
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I saw the doctor last night and he has put me on three weeks worth of antibiotics. My doctor usually only does 5 to 7 days. He feels that I probably haven't been put on antibiotics long enough, and, therefore, the infection only dies down a bit, and is just waiting for an opportunity to start up again.

After having this problem for 19 years, I'm not holding out too much hope that this won't happen again, but, time will tell!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2010]
  5. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I cant relate to the sinus infection issues, but, I can relate to the blurry vision and ears ringing.

My ears ringing is like a low humming sound that comes and goes...some days it is enough to make me go mad!

I had jaw pain with my FM a few years back. The doc said it was like muscle spasms/inflammation that spread the pain from my upper chest (trigger point) to my jaw. If you ask me - I think that is what is causing the ringing...some sort of muscle spasm/inflammation.[This Message was Edited on 03/26/2010]
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I've had sinus issues since my 20's but didn't get CFs and FM until I was 38. I know for sure the sinus problems increased after I got CFS.
    It really is more of a chronic sinus than infections, though I do get infections from time to time.

I just always feel stuffy and headachy and have a lot of trouble balancing when I walk. I also have so much ringing in my ears it's hard to hear sometimes. This has also increased with the CFS.

I have wondered if these symptoms are related to allergies because I know certain medications can make your ears ring. I think allergies and sensitivities play a part in a lot of our strange symptoms, as much or more than viral and bacterial infections for some of us. No doctor has ever been able to explain it to me.
  7. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

has any Dr ever tested your immune system for abnormalities??? the reason i ask is because my cousin that i talked about in a previous post of yours, who is really really sick with cfids, to name but one thing she battles.
    well, we both go to the same dr, and her immune system is so compromised, she has to have Gamma Globuline iv's twice a month, dr said she probably had this immune Igg thing going from childhood and shes just gotten worse thru the years.
    to make a long story short, i was reading the brochure that they gave her about the igg subclass immune dysfunction shes got going on, and one symptom of an abnormal immune system was chronic sinus trouble, & infections. to name just a few things.
    might be something worth Looking into.
    the way Dr explained it, when your born you have 700 IGG (something that makes up our immune system) and by the time your our age you should have about 1200 IGG

She has 600 :( needless to say she is severly immuno compromised, and also has tested pos for all the things we all have. EBV, CMV, HHV6 you nam it!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2010]
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

I was having ever-increasing sinusitis headaches to the point they became nearly 24/7, was working on dissociating the pain. Also caused sore upper teeth especially on the worst side. Yet the ENTs I consulted could find nothing, CT scans were clear, even the ENT surgeon didn't recommend surgery. I had several posts on the sinusitis board here, tried any/everything short of surgery.

My problems appear to be due to lyme or other similar infection... after I got thru phase 2 of the marshall protocol/MP, my headaches were cut way down and remain that way, 2 years now. Maybe 1-2 days/week but can go a few weeks without any! That is a huge improvement for me.

MP may or may not be tolerable for you, but, bottom line is that it is due to some kind of stealth pathogen imho, whether Lyme or something else. (It is common in Lyme.)

food for thought.

all the best,