CFS/FMS'ers say the darndest things...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Jan 27, 2011.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I just had to laugh - a little out of embarrassment, and a little bit at the complete unintended silliness that popped out of my mouth.

I was trying to say "The squeaky wheel gets oiled," but instead, I said "the oily squeak gets wheeled!"

Now where did that come from?! That was NOT what I intended to say!

What unintended silliness have any of you CFS/FMS'ers said? I need a chuckle! :?)

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That's funny. I've said things like that several times, though can't think of anything off hand.

Although a couple of times lately I've had conversations with people wherein due to one of us us mishearing or misunderstanding the other, we've managed to talk quite a little bit before we realized we were talking about completely different things ...

A few years ago there were a couple of threads on this topic - people putting the remote control in the freezer, etc. etc.

One time I went grocery shopping, came out to the car, unloaded the groceries and then could not find my keys. I went back inside (and this was a bad day for me, I had very little energy), told the clerk who checked the checkstand, and got a couple of people to help look and I tihnk I retried to retrace my steps, it was pretty bad. And then I went back outside and lo and behold my keys were sticking out of the back hatch where I had used them to open the car to put away my groceries. I would have laughed but I was so tired and felt so crappy but made myself go back into the store and explain I had found my keys.

3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I have experienced how you describe feeling that day!

I tried the search option here to find other entries along the same line, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I used the words "silly" and "funny"... Do you have a suggestion of what I could search for to find similar threads?

Thanks, Mary, for commenting; I can totally empathize with your experience! So sorry that happened; if you can't look back on it and chuckle now, maybe someday you will be able to. (I still find it hard to chuckle at experiences you described here!)

God bless! Debbie

4. roge

roge Member

instead of bacon and eggs i said acon and bages

recently i was at a friends cottage in winter and i was leaving and had a few bags to carry to the car so wanted use of my fingers so i stuffed my mittens (gloves) in my skates and then proceeded to goto the car and put the skates in the trunk and the bags in the car and then thought where are my mittens, and then went back to the cottage where my friend and me searched the entire house, i then went outside down to the lake (frozen of course as i live in canada) where we skating and searched and then back to the cottage to search yet again , then to the car (but not the trunk) , then through all my bags for the 3rd time, then gave up and went home and then the next day i went to put my skates away and low and behold i saw my mittens and just had to chuckle, gotta love this fibro and what it does to the short term memory, not to mention many other things.

peace all
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2011]
  5. dzlady

dzlady New Member

I do this ALL THE TIME! But the one I am famous for was about 20 years ago, my mother and step father were visiting me and we had went to a restaurant for breakfast. We parked in a spot where you pull into the curb at an angle. Well, mom was driving and couldnt see if anyone was coming and I, in the back seat, could not either. I meant to tell her to "back out slowly", but what came out of my mouth was "slow out backly".

I hate when I do this, but I am fortunate enough that I usually do it in the company of my husband, who gets a huge kick out of it.

I'e also been known to put the milk in the cabinet and the bread in the fridge

[This Message was Edited on 01/29/2011]

LEFTYGG Member

a delivery man came to the house. i opened the door and said oh i was trying to keep my bark from dogging, i laughed so hard he did too. love gail
  7. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Thank you for sharing your "bloopers"! I had some good laughs; I could totally identify with you!

My Mom, who I suspect may have FMS, said some when we were kids, but one stands out in my memory. We three kids were playing outside, and came tromping inside just as Mom was finishing mopping the floor. She said, "Don't get your footy mudprints all over the floor!" We all had a good laugh over that!

Thanks for the good laughs to start my day! :•)

8. MamaT1967

MamaT1967 New Member

I can't think of any specific things I have said, but I do it often and I call it being "orally dyslexic" because my words come out in the wrong order.
  9. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I could remember the things I've said that were "orally dyslexic"! Sometimes I feel so silly doing that! lol

10. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I realized I had made a typo, but I can't go back and change it yet for some reason, so I will try to explain here:

When I'm able to, I'm the one who gets up in the morning to take out the puppy; sometimes I can't. My daughter is the one who usually takes care of the pup - the pup belongs to her...

Thanks for letting me add that!

11. uxordepp

uxordepp New Member

Dh was telling me about a meeting on the 30th. I asked him "January or February?"
  12. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Totally sounds like something I'd say!