CFS FOOD INTOLERANCE AND PUTTING ON WEIGHT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by albadiag, Feb 19, 2006.

1. albadiag

albadiag New Member

Would like to hear from other people who have CFS, lost a lot of weight and what you did to put the weight back on again
  2. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

How did you loose the weight...

i have the opposite problem, I gained the weight

jacqui
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I lost about 30 pounds and got all boney. I didn't like that.

I started eating a lot of steak and using glugs and glugs of oil in my cooking. Then later, I started eating a lot of nuts. I think eating more fat helped me. I'm now back to 145 pounds, which is just right. It took a couple of years to get it back though. I can't really know for sure if diet alone did it. I have thyroid things going on, and I had parasites early in my disease. Both of those can contribute to weight loss.

You mentioned food intollerance. What intollerances do you have? I'm very sorry that you are having to deal with this.

I want to welcome you to the message board, albadiag! We're happy to have you as part of our group, and I look forward to hearing more about how you are. Would you like to fill out your profile, so that we can get to know you better?

(((take care))) Shannon
  4. roadkill

roadkill New Member

Eat CARBS CARBS and more CARBS.

Pasta, bread and butter, potatoes, cakes, rice, pastries, beer, ice cream, cookies, crackers,etc. Any white food. Junk food. Be careful with sugar, it's a poison. Eat them at night after supper. The great thing about carbs is that they are quickly digested and you're hungry again in an hour. Believe me, you'll put the pounds on in a hurry.

Protein will not help you gain weight. It doesn't affect the insulin levels enough. Fat has almost zero affect on insulin levels.

Insulin is what turns the carbs into fat! What a great opportunity to pig out!
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

That makes much more sense! Now I feel like albadiag is our personal guinea pig! lol What can we do to fatten alb up??

I guess I just ate more calories than I could use up in a day. The carb things totally makes sense though. Sounds like it would work faster too. Of course, if you put extra butter on your bread, I think roadkill and I would both end up being very happy! :)

Serriously though, please tell us how you are doing. We aren't doctors here, most of us, but we care about you and we will do everything we can to help.

(((don't worry aldadiag))) Shannon