CFS: Forebearance's thread 28

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi all, I'm just reporting in for March.

It's been 28 months that I've been taking Virastop, and 27 months of taking Candidase. Things are still going along fine with them.

I'm still taking quite a bit of soluble fiber to draw out neurotoxins. I think and hope that the soluble fiber I'm taking is about equivalent to the dose of cholestyramine I was taking for five months.

I continue to do the mold avoidance lifestyle as best as I can. I would be feeling pretty good, except:

Around three weeks ago, I began taking a moderate dose of colloidal silver. The whole time I've been taking it, it has felt like I have a head cold. So I think it is killing something. It's unpleasant, but it feels productive. I can feel battles going on in my sinuses, and every so often I will get a runny nose and sneeze as something is being kicked out.

Since I had a result of 64 on a CD57 blood test, i have wondered if I might have a small, smoldering Lyme infection as part of my disease mix. So I decided to try taking some PG/X.

PG/X is a natural supplement that does part of what the prescription drug Actos does. It reduces insulin spikes when you eat something. Dr. Shoemaker gives Actos to his Lyme patients when they are actively detoxing, and it helps them to tolerate the detoxing process.

I just started the PG/X today, at half the recommended dose. It feels goooood. I am really glad I tried it. I think I'll keep taking it.

The herb andrographis does the other part of what Actos does. I have to research that more before I'd take it. Basically I avoid prescription drugs, so I look for natural alternatives to them.

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Groan.... the PG/X causes constipation. I should have started with one capsule a day instead of three. Rats.

Why do so many really helpful things cause constipation? I'm going to figure out how to deal with that side effect, though.

I think PG/X is really good for my brain. Yesterday when I was taking it I felt a lot of joy and a sense of well-being.

I wonder if the man who shot his pastor and the chimp who attacked a woman while they were being treated for Lyme disease might not have gone crazy if they were taking PG/X.

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I've been wondering something. The Mickel therapy claims to calm down the hypothalamus. The PG/X supplement allows the hypothalamus to work less hard to regulate blood sugar. So it sounds like both things are accomplishing something similar.

Is finding a way to give one's hypothalamus a break the way to get well from CFS?

4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

You know, I think PG/X is going to be a great thing for people who are detoxing from Lyme and mold poisons. There is even a companion product made of soluble fiber.

But the manufacturer, Natural Factors, doesn't seem to know this. They are marketing the product at people who want to lose weight or prevent diabetes. Well, I suppose that's a bigger market.

5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

More thoughts:

I wonder if the PGX is helping me because my Leptin is really high.

And, I wonder if it is helping me because it is made out of a type of soluble fiber. It's called "water soluble polysaccharides". If that's the reason, then this type of fiber works better than any other soluble fiber I've tried.

I hope it doesn't suck calcium out the way CSM does. I'll pay attention to my teeth. But, other types of soluble fiber I've tried have not removed as much calcium as the CSM.

6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I was thinking today about whether I can tell (from a distance) whether you've benefited from the mold avoidance.

It seems to me that you're much more engaged in thinking about various things than you were before undertaking this.

Does that seem true to you? Are there other ways in which you've changed?

7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Lisa,

I feel the same as ever in terms of thinking about things. But maybe I have more energy to post on message boards these days.

If I weren't always experimenting on myself with new treatments, I would probably feel pretty good. I'd have more energy.

8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

The PGX has been causing insomnia now! I think it might be because it soaks up a certain amount of circulating hormones. I seem to be low on thyroid, which keeps me awake at night.

I'm going to try taking a bit more thyroid several hours after the PGX to compensate.

But then there's also the thought that more toxins might be getting stirred up as one batch of toxins is removed. I do feel kind of poisoned.

9. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I've been experimenting with my thyroid dose, and it wasn't solving the problem. Hmmm.

Finally one night I developed a slight fever and then I knew that it was detox that was going on. It was the last thing I was thinking of, because these pills are supposed to help make detox easier!

I haven't had any other type of soluble fiber give me a detox reaction. Seaweed has, though. I wonder if the small amount of coconut oil in the PGX could have something to do with the detox effect it has. If so, I could try the powdered form of PGX, that doesn't have the coconut oil in it.

It takes me several days to get over the detox symptoms from taking one PGX capsule. So I think I might try taking one a week.

On the new-agey front, I found a couple of recordings that I thought might accomplish the same thing as the Mickel therapy, and are considerably cheaper. One is called "Your Body is Your Subconscious Mind" by Candace Pert, and the other is called "The One Thing Holding You Back" by Raphael Cushnir. I've listened to the first one, and it was interesting. I feel more hopeful about recovering from CFS.

10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I have been feeling really poisoned lately. It feels like the poison is coming from within and not from my environment. That is a huge relief! So I guess I must be detoxing.

Last night my vision was so blurry I could barely read my computer screen. My brain has been impaired all day today. My arms fall asleep so badly at night that they wake me up. I woke up with a tender point behind my right ear this morning. And I'm getting big dark circles under my eyes, which I've never had before in my life! It makes sense, because I am very tired but not able to sleep as much as I need to.

So this is a strange experience. It must have been a combo of the PGX, the colloidal silver, and the enzymes I already take. Why is the PGX so strong at detoxing me? It is sure a unique product.

11. debshomeed

debshomeed New Member

Some of your detox symptoms sound similar to mine- on the systemic enzymes (which I started about a month ago) whenever I increased the dose I would wake up more at night for a few nights, always have dark circles under my eyes, arms falling asleep at night, slight fevers now and then and also the very, tender point behind my left ear - which I find very weird.

Hope you detox symptoms settle down soon and that the PGX does wonders for you.

12. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thanks, Snez!

That is very good to know that you have had similar symptoms!

Another symptom I have is that my sense of smell gets weaker, and then stronger again when I am feeling better. Last night my sense of smell suddenly came back really acutely and I realized that I could smell my conventional foam mattress, even through the BabeSafe mattress protector I have on it. Yikes.

So I think that in addition to detoxing, my mattress has been making me sick. The problem with chemical sensitivities is that by the time I realize something is bothering me, it's really bothering me, and I have to get it out of the house as soon as possible.

I ordered a natural latex mattress, which I should have gotten in the first place. I was just too cheap, because I am already in so much debt from starting over with nothing. They have a slight smell, but at least in the past it didn't bother me. It's also a natural smell, nothing like the acrid smell of synthetic foam.

I wonder why it seems like every time I do some major detoxing, my chemical sensitivities get worse. This is really a long, strange trip.

13. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi all,

I am discovering that a major challenge in being a moldie is finding something to sleep on. My chemical sensitivities have been through the roof for the past three months or so, while I've been detoxing from mold poisons.

I read some MCS websites and found a suggestion there to wrap a mattress in mylar emergency blankets, so I tried it. I felt really silly wrapping my mattress like that, but hey, I'm desperate and I have to sleep! Amazingly, it did work. Mattress fumes didn't come through it. it's crunchy, but not AS crunchy as the BabeSafe mattress protectors, which are really thick plastic.

I think I'm at a point where if I could get a lot of good sleep and some nice slow exercise I could really make some progress. When I was really sick, those things did not make a huge difference, but now I am enough better that those kinds of things could help. I think.

Recently I had a sort of emotional purge, as if my brain was thawing out a bit. It was painful. I've been through so many strange experiences lately. The one thing I am really grateful for are the methylation supplements I take. They just keep on working, gradually, steadily, and reliably. No matter what else is going on, I can count on them to keep me excreting. Keeping the digestive system moving along seems so important when one is stirring up all kinds of who knows what in one's body.

I continue to take colloidal silver in a low dose. I'm still experimenting with the PGX. i increased my nutritional iodine to four drops at my doctor's suggestion. It's making the swelling of my thyroid gland go down.

This March is the 19th anniversary since I got the mono that turned into CFS. I feel like I am somewhere in between having CFS and being well. I think I will keep counting anniversaries until I am completely well.

P.S. Well, it's time to move on to a new thread called "CFS: Forebearance's thread 29"

[This Message was Edited on 04/25/2009]