CFS: Forebearance's thread 34

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Forebearance, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi everyone!

Here is my thread for September 09.

I'm back from my trip. Ojo Caliente was a beautiful place, and the water there was lovely. But when Lisa arrived, it didn't take long for her to figure out that the air there was bad. It had some of that awful supermold in it. Around the same time, it started to rain every day, and the air quality seemed to get worse. Sure enough, eventually I became really sick and had to leave. So I'm sad to say that I can't recommend it as a good place for moldies to go.

In hindsight, I think that I took too big a risk by going to a place in the western US, where the phenomenon of supermold in the air can happen, that wasn't pre-approved as having good air and being safe for moldies. I hope that my mistake can at least help prevent others from making similar kinds of mistakes. I am grateful to have had Lisa's help and advice when I was in that difficult situation.

I thought New Mexico was a beautiful and scenic state. I know it has a rich culture and history, and has lots of interesting things to do. But I really don't want to go back there.

I hope you are all doing well.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2009]
  2. floyd000

floyd000 New Member

Great to see you got home okay. Sorry to see that it wasn't as optimum as it might have been. Any other suggestions/lessons from your experience?

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Thanks, Andrew.

Let me see.... I also learned that the Go I bought was hard for me to set up. It would be easy for two healthy people, or one strong healthy person, to set up. Once I got it set up, it was great. I usually found someone at the campgrounds who could help me with it. So I would reccommend testing something before buying it. What would be better would be something that I could just park and use, without a lot of steps.

I learned that it would be helpful to bring a healthy friend or relative along when going on a detoxing vacation like this. Or on any kind of a camping trip.

And I learned that hot springs are really great for me, as far as detoxing goes. The water felt very soothing and healing. If only there were a hot springs located in a place with good air.

How are you doing? How is your treatment going?